Re: gitmaster server problem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: gitmaster server problem?
Date
Re: gitmaster server problem?
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 3:56 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> Additional infra that doesn't seem to work right now: mailing list
> archives [0] seem to fail at a 503 produced by Varnish Cache server:
> Error 503 Backend fetch failed. Maybe more of infra is down, or
> otherwise under maintenance?

Yeah, I'm seeing that too; not at the top level of the site but
when you try to drill down to individual messages.

commitfest.postgresql.org isn't responding either,
nor wiki.postgresql.org.

Are you still seeing these issues? It works fine both from here and from our monitoring, but there could be something source-network-specific maybe....

The git.postgresql.org one specifically looks a lot like a DOS. It may not be an intentional DOS, but the git server side is very inefficient and can rapidly turn valid attempts into DOSes if they parallellize too much...