Clearly link Contributors pages

From
Melanie Plageman
Date:
Hi,

Attached is a patch to clearly link the three different pages related
to recognized Postgres contributors: the Contributors list [1], the
Recognized Contributors Policy page [2], and the Contributors
Committee governance page [3].

The Contributors Committee proposes doing this to make it more clear
that contributors may be nominated by contacting us and to make the
contributor criteria more discoverable from the contributors list
page.

I've included one change that is dependent on the request described in
Christoph's email [4] happening first.

- Melanie

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/contributors/
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/about/governance/contributors/
[4] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZrYT4MPcoIjcVBTc%40msg.df7cb.de

Attachment

Re: Clearly link Contributors pages

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On 8/9/24 6:50 PM, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch to clearly link the three different pages related
> to recognized Postgres contributors: the Contributors list [1], the
> Recognized Contributors Policy page [2], and the Contributors
> Committee governance page [3].
>
> The Contributors Committee proposes doing this to make it more clear
> that contributors may be nominated by contacting us and to make the
> contributor criteria more discoverable from the contributors list
> page.
>
> I've included one change that is dependent on the request described in
> Christoph's email [4] happening first.

Generally LGTM, just a few minor nits to match pgweb styling:

+  <a href="about/governance/contributors/">Contributors Committee</a> at

should be

+  <a href="/about/governance/contributors/">Contributors Committee</a> at

(and the forward slashes in the other hrefs)

Thanks!

Jonathan

Attachment

Re: Clearly link Contributors pages

From
Erik Rijkers
Date:
Op 8/10/24 om 00:50 schreef Melanie Plageman:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch to clearly link the three different pages related
> to recognized Postgres contributors: the Contributors list [1], the
> Recognized Contributors Policy page [2], and the Contributors
> Committee governance page [3].

Hi,

Wouldn't it make sense to also link this list:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/release-16.html#RELEASE-16-ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate that.

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers

> The Contributors Committee proposes doing this to make it more clear
> that contributors may be nominated by contacting us and to make the
> contributor criteria more discoverable from the contributors list
> page.
>
> I've included one change that is dependent on the request described in
> Christoph's email [4] happening first.
>
> - Melanie
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/
> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/contributors/
> [3] https://www.postgresql.org/about/governance/contributors/
> [4] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZrYT4MPcoIjcVBTc%40msg.df7cb.de

Re: Clearly link Contributors pages

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> Op 8/10/24 om 00:50 schreef Melanie Plageman:
>> Hi,
>> Attached is a patch to clearly link the three different pages related
>> to recognized Postgres contributors: the Contributors list [1], the
>> Recognized Contributors Policy page [2], and the Contributors
>> Committee governance page [3].
>
> Hi,
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to also link this list:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/release-16.html#RELEASE-16-ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I am not sure the fact that his/her name mentioned only once in the
release notes qualifies the contributor definition.

https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/contributors/
> Major Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream
> of contributions, having substantial positive impact on the
> development of the PostgreSQL Community, over many years.
>
> Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream of
> notable contributions in recent years.

I think these suggest that contributions need to be continued for
multiple years, not single year. I maybe wrong but that's my
impression.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii