Re: Clearly link Contributors pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Clearly link Contributors pages
Date
List pgsql-www
> Op 8/10/24 om 00:50 schreef Melanie Plageman:
>> Hi,
>> Attached is a patch to clearly link the three different pages related
>> to recognized Postgres contributors: the Contributors list [1], the
>> Recognized Contributors Policy page [2], and the Contributors
>> Committee governance page [3].
>
> Hi,
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to also link this list:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/release-16.html#RELEASE-16-ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I am not sure the fact that his/her name mentioned only once in the
release notes qualifies the contributor definition.

https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/contributors/
> Major Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream
> of contributions, having substantial positive impact on the
> development of the PostgreSQL Community, over many years.
>
> Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream of
> notable contributions in recent years.

I think these suggest that contributions need to be continued for
multiple years, not single year. I maybe wrong but that's my
impression.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii