Commitfest application cooldown

From
Laurenz Albe
Date:
My co-worker Marlene Reiterer has registered the user "marlene.rte" some
two weeks ago, and the user is still is not allowed to register as reviewer
in the commitfest app.  Is that normal?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Commitfest application cooldown

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 30 Jul 2024, at 16:58, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>
> My co-worker Marlene Reiterer has registered the user "marlene.rte" some
> two weeks ago, and the user is still is not allowed to register as reviewer
> in the commitfest app.  Is that normal?

Due to SPAM accounts incorrectly changing states on entries there was a
cooldown period set on the CF as well like the Wiki.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Re: Commitfest application cooldown

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 7/30/24 11:21, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 30 Jul 2024, at 16:58, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>>
>> My co-worker Marlene Reiterer has registered the user "marlene.rte" some
>> two weeks ago, and the user is still is not allowed to register as reviewer
>> in the commitfest app.  Is that normal?
>
> Due to SPAM accounts incorrectly changing states on entries there was a
> cooldown period set on the CF as well like the Wiki.

I checked and the account was indeed created 13 days ago.

The cooldown period for the wiki is seven days -- is the committfest app
really different, or is there maybe something else going wrong here?

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Date:
> On 30 Jul 2024, at 18:10, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
> On 7/30/24 11:21, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> On 30 Jul 2024, at 16:58, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>>> My co-worker Marlene Reiterer has registered the user "marlene.rte" some
>>> two weeks ago, and the user is still is not allowed to register as reviewer
>>> in the commitfest app.  Is that normal?
>> Due to SPAM accounts incorrectly changing states on entries there was a
>> cooldown period set on the CF as well like the Wiki.
>
> I checked and the account was indeed created 13 days ago.
>
> The cooldown period for the wiki is seven days -- is the committfest app really different, or is there maybe
somethingelse going wrong here?

Sounds like something is wrong, surely it should be the same cooldown as the wiki?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Date:
On 7/30/24 12:12, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>>> Due to SPAM accounts incorrectly changing states on entries there was a
>>> cooldown period set on the CF as well like the Wiki.
>>
>> I checked and the account was indeed created 13 days ago.
>>
>> The cooldown period for the wiki is seven days -- is the committfest app really different, or is there maybe
somethingelse going wrong here?

> Sounds like something is wrong, surely it should be the same cooldown as the wiki?

I thought that the cooldown applied to whether or not you can login at
all with your community account, rather than being tied to any specific
community app. Can they log in at all?

--

Date:
On Tue, 2024-07-30 at 12:20 -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 7/30/24 12:12, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> > > I checked and the account was indeed created 13 days ago.
> > >
> > > The cooldown period for the wiki is seven days -- is the committfest app really different, or is there maybe
somethingelse going wrong here?

> > Sounds like something is wrong, surely it should be the same cooldown as the wiki?
>
> I thought that the cooldown applied to whether or not you can login at
> all with your community account, rather than being tied to any specific
> community app. Can they log in at all?

I think she can log in - right, Marlene?

Date:
On 7/30/24 13:20, Laurenz Albe wrote:

somethingelse going wrong here?

>> > Sounds like something is wrong, surely it should be the same cooldown as the wiki?
>>
>> I thought that the cooldown applied to whether or not you can login at
>> all with your community account, rather than being tied to any specific
>> community app. Can they log in at all?
>
> I think she can log in - right, Marlene?

Apparently she has not successfully logged in since the 7 day cooldown:

-[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------
username    | marlene.rte
date_joined | 2024-07-17 07:42:09.235544+00
last_login  | 2024-07-17 07:42:46.96538+00

--

Date:
On Tue, 2024-07-30 at 13:34 -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 7/30/24 13:20, Laurenz Albe wrote:

somethingelse going wrong here?

> > > I thought that the cooldown applied to whether or not you can login at
> > > all with your community account, rather than being tied to any specific
> > > community app. Can they log in at all?
> >
> > I think she can log in - right, Marlene?
>
> Apparently she has not successfully logged in since the 7 day cooldown:

> username    | marlene.rte
> date_joined | 2024-07-17 07:42:09.235544+00
> last_login  | 2024-07-17 07:42:46.96538+00

Thanks for checking.

I asked Marlene to logoff and logon again, and now it works.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe