Think-o in foreign key comments

From
Paul Jungwirth
Date:
Hello,

I noticed a few places in the new foreign key code where a comment says
"the ON DELETE SET NULL/DELETE clause". I believe it should say "ON
DELETE SET NULL/DEFAULT".

These comments were added in d6f96ed94e7, "Allow specifying column list
for foreign key ON DELETE SET actions." Here is a patch to correct them.
I don't think you usually create a commitfest entry for tiny fixes like
this, right? But if you'd like one please let me know and I'll add it.

Yours,

--
Paul              ~{:-)
pj@illuminatedcomputing.com

Re: Think-o in foreign key comments

From
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Date:
2022年12月3日(土) 7:19 Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed a few places in the new foreign key code where a comment says
> "the ON DELETE SET NULL/DELETE clause". I believe it should say "ON
> DELETE SET NULL/DEFAULT".
>
> These comments were added in d6f96ed94e7, "Allow specifying column list
> for foreign key ON DELETE SET actions." Here is a patch to correct them.

LGTM.

I do notice the same patch adds the function "validateFkOnDeleteSetColumns"
but the name in the comment preceding it is "validateFkActionSetColumns",
might as well fix that the same time.

> I don't think you usually create a commitfest entry for tiny fixes like
> this, right? But if you'd like one please let me know and I'll add it.

From experience usually a committer will pick up trivial fixes like this
within a few days, but if it escapes notice for more than a couple of weeks
a reminder and/or CF entry might be useful to make sure it doesn't get
forgotten.

Regards

Ian Barwick

Re: Think-o in foreign key comments

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 03.12.22 05:59, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> 2022年12月3日(土) 7:19 Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com>:
>> I noticed a few places in the new foreign key code where a comment says
>> "the ON DELETE SET NULL/DELETE clause". I believe it should say "ON
>> DELETE SET NULL/DEFAULT".
>>
>> These comments were added in d6f96ed94e7, "Allow specifying column list
>> for foreign key ON DELETE SET actions." Here is a patch to correct them.
>
> LGTM.
>
> I do notice the same patch adds the function "validateFkOnDeleteSetColumns"
> but the name in the comment preceding it is "validateFkActionSetColumns",
> might as well fix that the same time.

Committed with that addition and backpatched to PG15.