Re: Think-o in foreign key comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Think-o in foreign key comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2022年12月3日(土) 7:19 Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed a few places in the new foreign key code where a comment says
> "the ON DELETE SET NULL/DELETE clause". I believe it should say "ON
> DELETE SET NULL/DEFAULT".
>
> These comments were added in d6f96ed94e7, "Allow specifying column list
> for foreign key ON DELETE SET actions." Here is a patch to correct them.

LGTM.

I do notice the same patch adds the function "validateFkOnDeleteSetColumns"
but the name in the comment preceding it is "validateFkActionSetColumns",
might as well fix that the same time.

> I don't think you usually create a commitfest entry for tiny fixes like
> this, right? But if you'd like one please let me know and I'll add it.

From experience usually a committer will pick up trivial fixes like this
within a few days, but if it escapes notice for more than a couple of weeks
a reminder and/or CF entry might be useful to make sure it doesn't get
forgotten.

Regards

Ian Barwick