[Commitfest 2022-09] Date is Over.

From
Ibrar Ahmed
Date:
The date of the current commitfest is over, here is the current status of the  "September 2022 commitfest."
There were 296 patches in the commitfest and 58 were get committed.

Total: 296.
Needs review: 155.
Waiting on Author: 41.
Ready for Committer: 19.
Committed: 58.
Moved to next CF: 8.
 Returned with Feedback: 5.
Rejected: 2. Withdrawn: 8.

--
Ibrar Ahmed.

Re: [Commitfest 2022-09] Date is Over.

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On 2022-Oct-03, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:

> The date of the current commitfest is over, here is the current status of
> the  "September 2022 commitfest."
> There were 296 patches in the commitfest and 58 were get committed.

Are you moving the open patches to the next commitfest, closing some as
RwF, etc?  I'm not clear what the status is, for the November commitfest.

"Hay quien adquiere la mala costumbre de ser infeliz" (M. A. Evans)

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 at 1:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2022-Oct-03, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:

> The date of the current commitfest is over, here is the current status of
> the  "September 2022 commitfest."
> There were 296 patches in the commitfest and 58 were get committed.

Are you moving the open patches to the next commitfest, closing some as
RwF, etc?  I'm not clear what the status is, for the November commitfest.

I am also not clear about that should I move that or wait till November. Anybody guide me

--
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Hay quien adquiere la mala costumbre de ser infeliz" (M. A. Evans)
--

Ibrar Ahmed.
Senior Software Engineer, PostgreSQL Consultant.

Re: [Commitfest 2022-09] Date is Over.

From
Julien Rouhaud
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 02:50:58PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 at 1:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2022-Oct-03, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> >
> > > The date of the current commitfest is over, here is the current status of
> > > the  "September 2022 commitfest."
> > > There were 296 patches in the commitfest and 58 were get committed.
> >
> > Are you moving the open patches to the next commitfest, closing some as
> > RwF, etc?  I'm not clear what the status is, for the November commitfest.
>

> I am also not clear about that should I move that or wait till November.
> Anybody guide me

The CF should be marked as closed, and its entries fully processed within a few
days after its final day.

The general rule is that patches that have been waiting on authors for 2 weeks
or more without any answer from the author(s) should get returned with
feedback with some message to the author, and the rest is moved to the next
commitfest.  If you have the time to look at some patches and see if they need
something else, that's always better.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 3:01 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 02:50:58PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 at 1:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2022-Oct-03, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> >
> > > The date of the current commitfest is over, here is the current status of
> > > the  "September 2022 commitfest."
> > > There were 296 patches in the commitfest and 58 were get committed.
> >
> > Are you moving the open patches to the next commitfest, closing some as
> > RwF, etc?  I'm not clear what the status is, for the November commitfest.
>

> I am also not clear about that should I move that or wait till November.
> Anybody guide me

The CF should be marked as closed, and its entries fully processed within a few
days after its final day.

The general rule is that patches that have been waiting on authors for 2 weeks
or more without any answer from the author(s) should get returned with
feedback with some message to the author, and the rest is moved to the next
commitfest.  If you have the time to look at some patches and see if they need
something else, that's always better.

Thanks for your response; I will do that in two days.

--

Ibrar Ahmed.
Senior Software Engineer, PostgreSQL Consultant.

Re: [Commitfest 2022-09] Date is Over.

From
Greg Stark

Fwiw I'm going through some patches looking for patches to review.... And I'm finding that the patches I'm seeing actually did get reviews, some of them months ago.

If there was any substantial feedback since the last patch was posted I would say you should change the status to Waiting on Author when moving it forward rather than leaving it as Needs Review.

Ideally there should be very few patches moved to the next commitfest as Needs Review. Only patches that have been not getting attention and the author is blocked waiting on feedback.

Re: [Commitfest 2022-09] Date is Over.

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 06:01:01PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> The CF should be marked as closed, and its entries fully processed within a few
> days after its final day.
>
> The general rule is that patches that have been waiting on authors for 2 weeks
> or more without any answer from the author(s) should get returned with
> feedback with some message to the author, and the rest is moved to the next
> commitfest.  If you have the time to look at some patches and see if they need
> something else, that's always better.

One week after this message, there was a total of 170-ish entries
still in the commit fest, so I have gone through each one of them and
updated the ones in need of a refresh.  Please note that there was
something like 50~60 entries where the CF bot was failing.  In some
cases, Ibrar has mentioned that on the thread near the beginning of
September, and based on the lack of updates such entries have been
switched as RwF.  Other entries where the CF bot is failing have been
marked as waiting on author for now.  A couple of entries have been
committed but not marked as such, and there was the usual set of
entries with an incorrect status.

Of course, I may have done some mistakes while classifying all that,
so feel free to scream back at me if you feel that something has been
handled incorrectly.

Here is the final score:
Committed: 65.
Moved to next CF: 177.