Removing unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot

From
Melih Mutlu
Date:
Hi hackers,

Sharing a small patch to remove an unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot function in snapbuild.c

With commit 6c2003f8a1bbc7c192a2e83ec51581c018aa162f, SnapBuildBuildSnapshot no longer needs transaction id. This also makes the xid parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot useless.
I couldn't see a reason to keep it and decided to remove it.

Regards,
Melih
Attachment

Re: Removing unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot

From
Zhang Mingli
Date:
Sharing a small patch to remove an unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot function in snapbuild.c

With commit 6c2003f8a1bbc7c192a2e83ec51581c018aa162f, SnapBuildBuildSnapshot no longer needs transaction id. This also makes the xid parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot useless.
I couldn't see a reason to keep it and decided to remove it.

Regards,
Melih
+1, Good Catch.

Regards,
Zhang Mingli

Re: Removing unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot

From
Amit Kapila
Date:
On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 8:11 PM Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2022, 22:22 +0800, Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com>, wrote:
>
> Hi hackers,
>
> Sharing a small patch to remove an unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot function in snapbuild.c
>
> With commit 6c2003f8a1bbc7c192a2e83ec51581c018aa162f, SnapBuildBuildSnapshot no longer needs transaction id. This
alsomakes the xid parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot useless.

> I couldn't see a reason to keep it and decided to remove it.
>
> Regards,
> Melih
>
> +1, Good Catch.

LGTM.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Date:
On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 8:58 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 8:11 PM Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sep 21, 2022, 22:22 +0800, Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com>, wrote:
> >
> > Hi hackers,
> >
> > Sharing a small patch to remove an unused parameter in SnapBuildGetOrBuildSnapshot function in snapbuild.c
> >

> > +1, Good Catch.
> >

> LGTM.

Pushed.

--