Issue tracking

From
Philippe Cloutier

Greetings,
After starting to use pgAdmin a couple years ago and struggling to track one of its issues, I figured out that its issue tracker was not publicly visible (an account is required to display tickets). I reported that meta-issue in report #5042.

The ticket's Status field was later set to Rejected. In August, I asked in that ticket if there was a reason for that.

In September, as there had been no answer, I specifically asked Dave Page, who is responsible for the field's change, if he could explain it. Unfortunately, more than a month later, that question remains unanswered, as can be seen in the following screenshot:

I am therefore resorting to this forum to request help from the pgAdmin community. Can someone either solve that or at least help elucidate? A quick look indicates that Mr Page still contributes to pgAdmin.

Thanks in advance

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com

Re: Issue tracking

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

Sorry, I missed that update.

The tracker is part of the PostgreSQL project infrastructure, and thus the pgAdmin project has no control over the requirement to login to see tickets.

We are considering a move to Github issues, but that's a huge and complex task.

[...]

Hi Dave