Re: Issue tracking - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Philippe Cloutier
Subject Re: Issue tracking
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Le 2021-11-15 à 05:37, Dave Page a écrit :

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:31 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 2021-11-10 à 04:06, Dave Page a écrit :
Hi

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:23 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

The ticket I filed was set to Status "Rejected". Could someone either explain why or set that field to a more representative value?

Because at the time we had no plan to change tracker. Or are you talking about a different ticket?

No, I am talking about #5042. I would obviously prefer if it had been solved yesterday, but it does not mention any timeframe. It is simply a report of the issue (and implicitly, a request to solve it as soon as possible).

Right, so it is the same ticket. We don't have any definitive plans to change the tracker at the moment. As I mentioned, we are considering Github, but that is by no means decided, and we may well leave things as they are. It's also not a pgAdmin feature, which is another reason why the issue was rejected; the issue tracker is for tracking features/bugs in pgAdmin itself; we don't keep any infrastructure related issues there.

You are correct that this is not an issue in the pgAdmin product. However, the Redmine instance tracks issues in *projects* (as can be seen in the screenshot). If it really tracks issues in products, the instance should be adjusted accordingly.

For sure, the project  is *not* just for tracking features and bugs in pgAdmin itself. There is even a tracker dedicated to support requests, so it would be hard to imagine that project issues would not be tracked when even support requests are.