Terminate the idle sessions

From
Li Japin
Date:
Hi, hackers

When some clients connect to database in idle state, postgres do not close the idle sessions,
here i add a new GUC idle_session_timeout to let postgres close the idle sessions, it samilar
to idle_in_transaction_session_timeout.

Best, regards.

Japin Li

Attachment

Re: Terminate the idle sessions

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
When some clients connect to database in idle state, postgres do not close the idle sessions,
here i add a new GUC idle_session_timeout to let postgres close the idle sessions, it samilar
to idle_in_transaction_session_timeout

I’m curious as to the use case because I cannot imagine using this.  Idle connections are normal.  Seems better to monitor them and conditionally execute the disconnect backend function from the monitoring layer than indiscriminately disconnect based upon time.  Though i do see an interesting case for attaching to specific login user accounts that only manually login and want the equivalent of a timed screen lock.

David J.