Stephen Frost
Date:
Greetings,

* Kartik Ohri (kartikohri13@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi! Can I get some review on my GSoC proposal ?
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EiIHZjOjf6yWfGzKeHCbu8bJ6K1tCEcmPsD3i8lPXbg/edit?usp=sharing
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EiIHZjOjf6yWfGzKeHCbu8bJ6K1tCEcmPsD3i8lPXbg/edit?usp=sharing>

I recommend you chat with the mentor who is listed for the GSoC Project
you're writing a proposal for directly.  Chip may see it here also, but
best to make sure.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment

GSoC Proposal

From
Kartik Ohri
Date:
Hi! I have shared the proposal with him directly. But as I was made aware that the project's prospective mentors are not at much liberty to give feedback on the proposal due to mentor guidelines, I wished if someone else could give some feedback (even some general feedback for submitting a proposal to PostgreSQL organization would be appreciated).

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 12:32 AM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Kartik Ohri (kartikohri13@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi! Can I get some review on my GSoC proposal ?
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EiIHZjOjf6yWfGzKeHCbu8bJ6K1tCEcmPsD3i8lPXbg/edit?usp=sharing
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EiIHZjOjf6yWfGzKeHCbu8bJ6K1tCEcmPsD3i8lPXbg/edit?usp=sharing>

I recommend you chat with the mentor who is listed for the GSoC Project
you're writing a proposal for directly.  Chip may see it here also, but
best to make sure.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: GSoC Proposal

From
Chapman Flack
Date:
On 03/29/20 15:18, Kartik Ohri wrote:
> Hi! I have shared the proposal with him directly. But as I was made aware
> that the project's prospective mentors are not at much liberty to give
> feedback on the proposal due to mentor guidelines, I wished if someone else

I'll add to that in case I could have misunderstood the mentor guidelines;
we have been in some communication about the parameters of the project,
but I was not sure how much involvement I should have in the preparation
of the proposal itself.

Is that in line with how other mentors for PostgreSQL have approached it?

Regards,
-Chap