Is it possible to compress transmission data?

From
Michał Niklas
Date:
Hi,

Most of my coworkers have to work remotely and in some places internet
speed is not very well. We develop some application with PostgreSQL and
JDBC driver, so size of transmission between home (application) and work
(database server) is important. Is the data sent between server and
client compressed? If not, is it possible to turn on compression with
some JDBC connection option?

--
Best regards,
Michał Niklas

Attachment

Re: Is it possible to compress transmission data?

From
Guillaume Cottenceau
Date:
I'd try ssh port forwarding with Compression options.

> Hi,
>
> Most of my coworkers have to work remotely and in some places internet
> speed is not very well. We develop some application with PostgreSQL and
> JDBC driver, so size of transmission between home (application) and work
> (database server) is important. Is the data sent between server and
> client compressed? If not, is it possible to turn on compression with
> some JDBC connection option?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

Re: Is it possible to compress transmission data?

From
Roger De Four
Date:
Apparently using UDP as the transport protocol is advisable

Best Regards

Roger De Four
IT Consultant
RAD Financial Systems