Is it possible to compress transmission data? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Michał Niklas
Subject Is it possible to compress transmission data?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Most of my coworkers have to work remotely and in some places internet
speed is not very well. We develop some application with PostgreSQL and
JDBC driver, so size of transmission between home (application) and work
(database server) is important. Is the data sent between server and
client compressed? If not, is it possible to turn on compression with
some JDBC connection option?

--
Best regards,
Michał Niklas