Documentation fix for adding a column with a default value

From
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)"
Date:
Hi,

the tip in the "Adding a column" section is not true anymore since PostgreSQL 11:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/ddl-alter.html#DDL-ALTER-ADDING-A-COLUMN

Attached a patch proposal for this.

Regards
Daniel

Attachment

Fw: Documentation fix for adding a column with a default value

From
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)"
>the tip in the "Adding a column" section is not true anymore since PostgreSQL 11:
>
>https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/ddl-alter.html#DDL-ALTER-ADDING-A-COLUMN
>
>Attached a patch proposal for this.

Seems the first mail didn't make it ...

Regards
Daniel

Attachment

Re: Fw: Documentation fix for adding a column with a default value

From
Ian Barwick