Re: Fw: Documentation fix for adding a column with a default value - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: Fw: Documentation fix for adding a column with a default value
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 15:42, Daniel Westermann (DWE) <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> wrote:
>______________________________________

Seems the first mail didn't make it ...

Actually it did, I was about to reply to it :)

The suggested change pares down the "Tip" to more of a brief "Note", which IMHO is a bit
terse for that section of the documentation (which has more of a tutorial character),
and the contents of the original tip basically still apply for volatile default values
anyway.

I've attached another suggestion for rewording this which should also make the
mechanics of the operation a little clearer.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
  Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/