Enabling bdr in multiple databases on the same postgresql instance/cluster

From
"Daniel Fink (PDF)"

Hi all,

I already have a running cluster of BDR nodes.

Now we want to add an additional database on the same hosts.

Can I just create a new database and then create/join nodes as in this description:

http://bdr-project.org/docs/1.0.3/quickstart-enabling.html

Best Regards,

DANIEL FINK
Senior Software Engineer

tel (+49) 89.767062.20
fax(+49) 89.767062.11
email daniel.fink@pdf.com

PDF Solutions GmbH
(
a PDF Solutions Company)
Managing Director: Kimon Michaels
Schwanthalerstr.
10
D-80336 München, Germany

München HRB 87307
DE 128214899

www.pdf.com

This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately permanently delete it and all attachments to it from your systems. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message or any attachments to it. The sender disclaims any liability for such unauthorized use. PLEASE NOTE that all incoming e-mails sent to PDF e-mail accounts will be archived and may be scanned by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or eliminate unsolicited promotional e-mails (“spam”). If you have any concerns about this process, please contact us at legal.department@pdf.com.

Re: Enabling bdr in multiple databases on the same postgresql instance/cluster

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
On 23 October 2018 14:24:28 WEST, "Daniel Fink (PDF)" <daniel.fink@pdf.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>

>I already have a running cluster of BDR nodes.
>
>Now we want to add an additional database on the same hosts.
>

>Can I just create a new database and then create/join nodes as in this
>
>http://bdr-project.org/docs/1.0.3/quickstart-enabling.html
>

>Best Regards,
>

>*DANIEL FINK*
>
>*Senior Software Engineer*
>
>*tel* (+49) 89.767062.20
>*fax*(+49) 89.767062.11
>email daniel.fink@pdf.com
>
>*PDF Solutions GmbH*
>* (**a PDF Solutions Company)*
>Managing Director: Kimon Michaels
>Schwanthalerstr. 10
>D-80336 München, Germany
>
>München HRB 87307
>DE 128214899
>
>*www.pdf.com <http://www.pdf.com/>*

Ja, create extension und so weiter, wie in der doku. Grüße aus Lissabon ;-)
--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company

Re: Enabling bdr in multiple databases on the same postgresqlinstance/cluster

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
El 23/10/18 a las 10:24, Daniel Fink (PDF) escribió:

> I already have a running cluster of BDR nodes.
>
> Now we want to add an additional database on the same hosts.
>
> Can I just create a new database and then create/join nodes as in this
>
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/1.0.3/quickstart-enabling.html

If you refer to the following architecture:

Node1_DB1 <--> Node2_DB1

And you want to create a new database DB2 on Node1 and have it
replicating to DB2 on Node2 with BDR, then yes, you have to follow the
same process used to create the first BDR group.

Keep in mind you'll need more slots and replication connections, so
check the values of max_replication_slots, max_worker_processes and
max_wal_senders.

Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/