Re: Enabling bdr in multiple databases on the same postgresqlinstance/cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Enabling bdr in multiple databases on the same postgresqlinstance/cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
El 23/10/18 a las 10:24, Daniel Fink (PDF) escribió:

> I already have a running cluster of BDR nodes.
>
> Now we want to add an additional database on the same hosts.
>
> Can I just create a new database and then create/join nodes as in this
>
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/1.0.3/quickstart-enabling.html

If you refer to the following architecture:

Node1_DB1 <--> Node2_DB1

And you want to create a new database DB2 on Node1 and have it
replicating to DB2 on Node2 with BDR, then yes, you have to follow the
same process used to create the first BDR group.

Keep in mind you'll need more slots and replication connections, so
check the values of max_replication_slots, max_worker_processes and
max_wal_senders.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/