Unable to build doc on latest head

From
Ashutosh Bapat
Date:
Hi,
Recently my doc build has started failing with errors

runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 46 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 46 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 46 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 46 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 46 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 46 element call-template
The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.
no result for postgres.xml

id.attribute was added by d6376245.

[1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version 1.77.1. Do I need to update stylesheets version? How do I do it? Any help will be appreciated.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201301/msg00040.html
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Re: Unable to build doc on latest head

Date:
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Recently my doc build has started failing with errors
> runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
> The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.

> [1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version 1.77.1. Do I
> need to update stylesheets version?

FWIW, it's working for me with docbook-style-xsl-1.79.1.

Appendix J claims our minimum supported version is 1.74.0, but since
none of that page seems to have been updated for the new docs tooling,
I'm not surprised if it's wrong.

> How do I do it? Any help will be appreciated.

That would depend on your platform.  For me, the stylesheets shipped with
RHEL6 were too old, but I grabbed a more recent SRPM out of the Fedora
repos and was able to build/install that with little trouble.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Unable to build doc on latest head

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 4/3/17 02:44, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> [1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version 1.77.1.
> Do I need to update stylesheets version? How do I do it? Any help will
> be appreciated.

The oldest version among the ones listed at
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/ that works for me is 1.77.0.Which one do you have?

Re: Unable to build doc on latest head

From
Andrew Gierth
Date:
> On 4/3/17 02:44, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:>> [1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version>> 1.77.1.  Do
Ineed to update stylesheets version? How do I do it?>> Any help will be appreciated.

Peter> The oldest version among the ones listed atPeter> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/ that works for me
isPeter>1.77.0.  Which one do you have?

BTW, the version in freebsd ports is 1.76.1, and the download stats on
docbook.sourceforge.net suggests that this one is still pretty widely
used despite its age. I filed a PR on the port, but who knows when
anything will happen.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Recently my doc build has started failing with errors
> runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
> The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.

> [1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version 1.77.1. Do I
> need to update stylesheets version?

FWIW, it's working for me with docbook-style-xsl-1.79.1.

Appendix J claims our minimum supported version is 1.74.0, but since
none of that page seems to have been updated for the new docs tooling,
I'm not surprised if it's wrong.

> How do I do it? Any help will be appreciated.

That would depend on your platform.  For me, the stylesheets shipped with
RHEL6 were too old, but I grabbed a more recent SRPM out of the Fedora
repos and was able to build/install that with little trouble.

I forgot to specify the platform in my mail. It's Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. I have docbook-xsl 1.76.1+dfsg-1ubuntu1. Looks like I need to update it to 1.77.1, but 12.04 doesn't support it readily, will need to force an upgrade.

Amit Langote, on other thread, said that the html docs compile even after those errors. I didn't notice that. I thought, the docs didn't get built because of those errors. So, probably I am good right now.

--

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

 > On 4/3/17 02:44, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
 >> [1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version
 >> 1.77.1.  Do I need to update stylesheets version? How do I do it?
 >> Any help will be appreciated.

 Peter> The oldest version among the ones listed at
 Peter> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/ that works for me is
 Peter> 1.77.0.  Which one do you have?

1.76.1, docbook-xsl 1.76.1+dfsg-1ubuntu1

BTW, the version in freebsd ports is 1.76.1, and the download stats on
docbook.sourceforge.net suggests that this one is still pretty widely
used despite its age. I filed a PR on the port, but who knows when
anything will happen.

:(

--

Date:
On 4/3/17 23:41, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> I forgot to specify the platform in my mail. It's Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. I
> have docbook-xsl 1.76.1+dfsg-1ubuntu1. Looks like I need to update it to
> 1.77.1, but 12.04 doesn't support it readily, will need to force an upgrade.

You can just uninstall the docbook-xsl package, which will cause the
latest version to be downloaded on the fly and cached.