Re: Unable to build doc on latest head - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: Unable to build doc on latest head
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Recently my doc build has started failing with errors
> runtime error: file stylesheet.xsl line 57 element call-template
> The called template 'id.attribute' was not found.

> [1] says that id.attribute is supported in stylesheets version 1.77.1. Do I
> need to update stylesheets version?

FWIW, it's working for me with docbook-style-xsl-1.79.1.

Appendix J claims our minimum supported version is 1.74.0, but since
none of that page seems to have been updated for the new docs tooling,
I'm not surprised if it's wrong.

> How do I do it? Any help will be appreciated.

That would depend on your platform.  For me, the stylesheets shipped with
RHEL6 were too old, but I grabbed a more recent SRPM out of the Fedora
repos and was able to build/install that with little trouble.

I forgot to specify the platform in my mail. It's Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. I have docbook-xsl 1.76.1+dfsg-1ubuntu1. Looks like I need to update it to 1.77.1, but 12.04 doesn't support it readily, will need to force an upgrade.

Amit Langote, on other thread, said that the html docs compile even after those errors. I didn't notice that. I thought, the docs didn't get built because of those errors. So, probably I am good right now.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat