[pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases

From
Noah Misch
Date:
We need someone to draft an announcement and web site updates for the
back-branch releases to be announced 2017-05-11.  Final release notes become
available on 2017-05-08, so you'll need time on 2017-05-08 or 2017-05-09 to
finish the draft.

We probably also need someone to do the same for the v10beta1 release to be
announced 2017-05-18.  I do see Josh Berkus has been posting about the beta
announcement, so perhaps he plans to do this one.  This one doesn't require
you to be free on specific days.

Volunteers?  Please specify which of the two you're willing to do.

Thanks,
nm

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 29 Apr 2017, at 09:20, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>
> We need someone to draft an announcement and web site updates for the
> back-branch releases to be announced 2017-05-11.  Final release notes become
> available on 2017-05-08, so you'll need time on 2017-05-08 or 2017-05-09 to
> finish the draft.

I volnteer to take care of this one.

cheers ./daniel

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 04/29/2017 12:20 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
> We need someone to draft an announcement and web site updates for the
> back-branch releases to be announced 2017-05-11.  Final release notes become
> available on 2017-05-08, so you'll need time on 2017-05-08 or 2017-05-09 to
> finish the draft.
>
> We probably also need someone to do the same for the v10beta1 release to be
> announced 2017-05-18.  I do see Josh Berkus has been posting about the beta
> announcement, so perhaps he plans to do this one.  This one doesn't require
> you to be free on specific days.

Beta release drafting will be public, on this list.  All help wanted.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

Date:
On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 10:26:26PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 29 Apr 2017, at 09:20, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> >
> > We need someone to draft an announcement and web site updates for the
> > back-branch releases to be announced 2017-05-11.  Final release notes become
> > available on 2017-05-08, so you'll need time on 2017-05-08 or 2017-05-09 to
> > finish the draft.
>
> I volnteer to take care of this one.

Thanks; please do.  How familiar are you with the process?  I'm not very
familiar.  Essentially, you read the release notes, extract a subset, and
assemble an announcement in the style of recent announcements.  I don't know
anything about the process for posting the announcement to the web site and to
pgsql-announce@.  I suspect others on this list can answer any questions.

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
Daniel, Noah,

* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 10:26:26PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > > On 29 Apr 2017, at 09:20, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > We need someone to draft an announcement and web site updates for the
> > > back-branch releases to be announced 2017-05-11.  Final release notes become
> > > available on 2017-05-08, so you'll need time on 2017-05-08 or 2017-05-09 to
> > > finish the draft.
> >
> > I volnteer to take care of this one.
>
> Thanks; please do.  How familiar are you with the process?  I'm not very
> familiar.  Essentially, you read the release notes, extract a subset, and
> assemble an announcement in the style of recent announcements.  I don't know
> anything about the process for posting the announcement to the web site and to
> pgsql-announce@.  I suspect others on this list can answer any questions.

I know at least enough about the process to, hopefully, be helpful if
you have any questions regarding it.

I'll pull the info from redmine too and pass that on to Daniel, so he
understands the general process and timeline.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment

Date:
> On 04 May 2017, at 08:23, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> Daniel, Noah,
>
> * Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:

>>> I volnteer to take care of this one.
>>
>> Thanks; please do.  How familiar are you with the process?  I'm not very
>> familiar.  Essentially, you read the release notes, extract a subset, and
>> assemble an announcement in the style of recent announcements.  I don't know
>> anything about the process for posting the announcement to the web site and to
>> pgsql-announce@.  I suspect others on this list can answer any questions.
>
> I know at least enough about the process to, hopefully, be helpful if
> you have any questions regarding it.

Excellent, thanks!  I re-read the thread about a previous release announcement
(started at 9462a047-20ef-da15-1d93-dc9197b28119@agliodbs.com) and the wiki
page https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/UpdateReleaseDrafting which was helpful.