Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Daniel, Noah,

* Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 10:26:26PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > > On 29 Apr 2017, at 09:20, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > We need someone to draft an announcement and web site updates for the
> > > back-branch releases to be announced 2017-05-11.  Final release notes become
> > > available on 2017-05-08, so you'll need time on 2017-05-08 or 2017-05-09 to
> > > finish the draft.
> >
> > I volnteer to take care of this one.
>
> Thanks; please do.  How familiar are you with the process?  I'm not very
> familiar.  Essentially, you read the release notes, extract a subset, and
> assemble an announcement in the style of recent announcements.  I don't know
> anything about the process for posting the announcement to the web site and to
> pgsql-announce@.  I suspect others on this list can answer any questions.

I know at least enough about the process to, hopefully, be helpful if
you have any questions regarding it.

I'll pull the info from redmine too and pass that on to Daniel, so he
understands the general process and timeline.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment