Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need writer for May releases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> On 04 May 2017, at 08:23, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> Daniel, Noah,
>
> * Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:

>>> I volnteer to take care of this one.
>>
>> Thanks; please do.  How familiar are you with the process?  I'm not very
>> familiar.  Essentially, you read the release notes, extract a subset, and
>> assemble an announcement in the style of recent announcements.  I don't know
>> anything about the process for posting the announcement to the web site and to
>> pgsql-announce@.  I suspect others on this list can answer any questions.
>
> I know at least enough about the process to, hopefully, be helpful if
> you have any questions regarding it.

Excellent, thanks!  I re-read the thread about a previous release announcement
(started at 9462a047-20ef-da15-1d93-dc9197b28119@agliodbs.com) and the wiki
page https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/UpdateReleaseDrafting which was helpful.

> I'll pull the info from redmine too and pass that on to Daniel, so he
> understands the general process and timeline.

Thanks!

cheers ./daniel