Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Joshua Berkus
Date:
All,

Someone already approved the announce, but for my future note, what's the URL for the majordomo list admin interface?
I'vebeen using Magnus's widget long enough that I don't seem to have any bookmarks.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Joshua Berkus's message of lun may 02 12:24:40 -0300 2011:

http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org

Re: Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Joshua Berkus

> > Someone already approved the announce, but for my future note,
> > what's the URL for the majordomo list admin interface? I've been
> > using Magnus's widget long enough that I don't seem to have any
> > bookmarks.
>
> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org

Feh, that's not working for me because I'm a moderator on -announce, but not the list owner.  Can someone verify that
the9.1beta announcement was approved?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com
San Francisco

Re: Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
>Someone already approved the announce, but for my future note,<br /> >> > what's the URL for the majordomo
listadmin interface? I've been<br />>> > using Magnus's widget long enough that I don't seem to have any<br
/>>>> bookmarks.<br />>> <br />>> <a
href="http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org">http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org</a><br
/>> <br />> Feh, that's not working for me because I'm a moderator on -announce, but not the list owner. Can
/>><br />> -- <br />> Sent via pgsql-www mailing list (<a
href="mailto:pgsql-www@postgresql.org">pgsql-www@postgresql.org</a>)<br/> > To make changes to your subscription:<br
/>><a href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www">http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www</a><br
/></div>

Re: Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Joshua Berkus
Date:
Magnus,

Gah.  I hate Majordomo.

what's the *moderation* URL for future notice?  Either your Android widget doesn't work for pgsql-announce, or I was
neveractually given moderation permissions on the web interface for the list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com
San Francisco

Re: Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Joshua Berkus's message of lun may 02 12:37:41 -0300 2011:

> > > Someone already approved the announce, but for my future note,
> > > what's the URL for the majordomo list admin interface? I've been
> > > using Magnus's widget long enough that I don't seem to have any
> > > bookmarks.
> >
> > http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org
>
> Feh, that's not working for me because I'm a moderator on -announce,
> but not the list owner.  Can someone verify that the 9.1beta
> announcement was approved?

Do you have a password at all?  If so, you need to enter the email
address with which you're listed, not just listname-and-password.

(Yes, this is pretty stupid)

Re: Address of MJ-Admin interface

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> > Someone already approved the announce, but for my future note,
>> > what's the URL for the majordomo list admin interface? I've been
>> > using Magnus's widget long enough that I don't seem to have any
>> > bookmarks.
>>
>> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org
>
> Feh, that's not working for me because I'm a moderator on -announce, but not the list owner.  Can someone verify that
the9.1beta announcement was approved?

I'm told that will be better with Django... :-)

Date:
> > Feh, that's not working for me because I'm a moderator on -announce,
> > but not the list owner. Can someone verify that the 9.1beta
> > announcement was approved?
>

> I'm told that will be better with Django... :-)

Hah!

Actually, no.  And this particular issue ... having multiple list moderators, each of which moderates multiple lists
...is handled even more badly by Mailman.

Someday someone will create a list manager which is not just barely adequate.  MLs suffer, from, I think, having
achievedadequecacy around 1999, and then stopped development.

--

Date:
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 17:46, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Joshua Berkus's message of lun may 02 12:37:41 -0300 2011:

>> > http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm?domain=postgresql.org
>>
>> Feh, that's not working for me because I'm a moderator on -announce,
>> but not the list owner.  Can someone verify that the 9.1beta
>> announcement was approved?
>
> Do you have a password at all?  If so, you need to enter the email
> address with which you're listed, not just listname-and-password.

And just to be clear:
1) I believe this is the same URL that you input into "magnus's
widget", so you can find it there.

2) The "widget" (which really isn't a widget :P) deals with -announce
just fine, that's the one I used. If it doesn't work, it's probably
that you didn't have the required password.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/