Mailing list request out of pgcon09j: pgsql-cluster-hackers

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
Hi!

Could this mailing list please be created?

Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?

If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
Clustering summit we're having this weekend.

Thanks!
-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On tor, 2009-11-19 at 17:08 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Could this mailing list please be created?
>
> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>
> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.

Are there any more details available on this?  A PostgreSQL top-level
list, especially with such a notable name, should probably not be
created on a whim based purely on the intention that you plan to discuss
something next weekend.

Maybe you can hijack replica-hooks-discuss. ;-)

Re: Mailing list request out of pgcon09j: pgsql-cluster-hackers

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:47 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> On tor, 2009-11-19 at 17:08 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> Could this mailing list please be created?
>>
>> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>>
>> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
>> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
>> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.
>
> Are there any more details available on this?  A PostgreSQL top-level
> list, especially with such a notable name, should probably not be
> created on a whim based purely on the intention that you plan to
> discuss
> something next weekend.
>
> Maybe you can hijack replica-hooks-discuss. ;-)

Haha. There were 25 people in attendence at the meeting who agreed
that this list is important, and we have a list of projects to work
on. We have a non-PostgreSQL.org address for a mailing list, but would
like to bring it in-house.

Please, let's start off this discussion list on PostgreSQL.org, rather
than off our primary infrastructure. We have documented the
discussions on the Pg wiki, if you're interested in looking at more
details.

-Selena

Re: Mailing list request out of pgcon09j: pgsql-cluster-hackers

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Please note that as I don't deal with WWW related issues, I am not on
-www, so this is the first I see of this thread ... I am on sysadmins, but
not -www ...

Regardless, the group is now created ... Josh is owner ...

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On tor, 2009-11-19 at 17:08 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> Could this mailing list please be created?
>>
>> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>>
>> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
>> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
>> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.
>
> Are there any more details available on this?  A PostgreSQL top-level
> list, especially with such a notable name, should probably not be
> created on a whim based purely on the intention that you plan to discuss
> something next weekend.
>
> Maybe you can hijack replica-hooks-discuss. ;-)

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: Mailing list request out of pgcon09j: pgsql-cluster-hackers

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Selena Deckelmann
<selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could this mailing list please be created?
>
> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>
> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.

I think it would be good to post an announcement about this to the
existing hackers list, perhaps with links to the existing discussions.

...Robert

Date:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Selena Deckelmann
> <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Could this mailing list please be created?
>>
>> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>>
>> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
>> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
>> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.
>
> I think it would be good to post an announcement about this to the
> existing hackers list, perhaps with links to the existing discussions.

We will!  Just need to type up notes. Most of our discussions are
documented on the wiki already, and we can send a report to -hackers.
I have some rougher notes, and things on the wiki that need to be
modified a bit.

We're going to be focusing initially on documenting the existing
products for clustering, and have a milestone of completing an initial
matrix and setting out goals for docs in English and Japanese in about
1 month.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 08:30 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Just need to type up notes. Most of our discussions are
> documented on the wiki already

URL?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Selena Deckelmann
Date:
2009/11/20 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 08:30 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> Just need to type up notes. Most of our discussions are
>> documented on the wiki already
>
> URL?

This is a work-in-progress, but here you go:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGCon2009JapanClusterDeveloperMeeting

I believe there was a recording of the talks as well.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 09:14 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> This is a work-in-progress, but here you go:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGCon2009JapanClusterDeveloperMeeting

Thanks Selena.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Bhajesh Bharathan
Are you people talking about clustering in postgresql.

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Selena Deckelmann
> <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Could this mailing list please be created?
>>
>> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>>
>> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
>> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
>> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.
>
> I think it would be good to post an announcement about this to the
> existing hackers list, perhaps with links to the existing discussions.

We will!  Just need to type up notes. Most of our discussions are
documented on the wiki already, and we can send a report to -hackers.
I have some rougher notes, and things on the wiki that need to be
modified a bit.

We're going to be focusing initially on documenting the existing
products for clustering, and have a milestone of completing an initial
matrix and setting out goals for docs in English and Japanese in about
1 month.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Thanks and Regards,
Bhajesh.B
Senior DB-Developer
Zeomega
bbhajesh@zeomega.com
www.zeomega.com
Proven. Progressive. Partner.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message (including any attachments) may contain ZeOmega's confidential information, protected by law. Forwarding
itto individuals, other than those with a need to know, without the permission of the sender, is prohibited. This
messageis intended for specific individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. If you
arenot the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,copying, or
distributionof this message or taking any action based upon it, is strictly prohibited.