Re: Mailing list request out of pgcon09j: pgsql-cluster-hackers - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Mailing list request out of pgcon09j: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Date
List pgsql-www
On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:47 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> On tor, 2009-11-19 at 17:08 +0900, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> Could this mailing list please be created?
>>
>> Owner can be Josh Berkus. Can I also be an admin on the list, please?
>>
>> If we could have this created as soon as possible, it would be very
>> helpful so that we can continue conversations started at the
>> Clustering summit we're having this weekend.
>
> Are there any more details available on this?  A PostgreSQL top-level
> list, especially with such a notable name, should probably not be
> created on a whim based purely on the intention that you plan to
> discuss
> something next weekend.
>
> Maybe you can hijack replica-hooks-discuss. ;-)

Haha. There were 25 people in attendence at the meeting who agreed
that this list is important, and we have a list of projects to work
on. We have a non-PostgreSQL.org address for a mailing list, but would
like to bring it in-house.

Please, let's start off this discussion list on PostgreSQL.org, rather
than off our primary infrastructure. We have documented the
discussions on the Pg wiki, if you're interested in looking at more
details.

-Selena