Developer version of the docs ....

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
... is pointing to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static

What happened to the weekly developer version of the docs?  Where did it go?

(this is on http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Developer version of the docs ....

Date:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> ... is pointing to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static
> What happened to the weekly developer version of the docs?  Where did it go?

I never heard of a "weekly" version of the docs.  The up-to-the-minute
build is at
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html
        regards, tom lane

Re: Developer version of the docs ....

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 07:34, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> ... is pointing to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static
>> What happened to the weekly developer version of the docs?  Where did it go?
>
> I never heard of a "weekly" version of the docs.  The up-to-the-minute
> build is at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html

I'm guessing Josh is referring to the daily build we had during 8.4RC,
that was up on the main website. It was under the 8.4 URL, because we
were finishing up the documentation for 8.4 while the code was in RC.
We stopped that one, because we didn't want to push post-release
documentation changes onto the website.

Date:
> I'm guessing Josh is referring to the daily build we had during 8.4RC,
> that was up on the main website.

No, I'm not.  I'm referring, as indicated in my first e-mail to link on
this page:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing

Historically, that was a link to the current HEAD docs, which were built
on a regular (automated) basis; once upon a time they were on Bruce's
server.  Somehow with 8.4 someone broke that, and it now points to the
8.4 static docs.

I need somewhere to point people to 8.5Alpha1 release notes, and that
seems like the appropriate place.

--

Date:
On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 19:01, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> I'm guessing Josh is referring to the daily build we had during 8.4RC,
>> that was up on the main website.
>
> No, I'm not.  I'm referring, as indicated in my first e-mail to link on
> this page:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing
>
> Historically, that was a link to the current HEAD docs, which were built
> on a regular (automated) basis; once upon a time they were on Bruce's
> server.  Somehow with 8.4 someone broke that, and it now points to the
> 8.4 static docs.

That's what I'm referring to, though maybe using the wrong words :-)

It was changed during 8.4RC to point to the daily builds of the 8.4
docs that we had at the time - that were on the main website. And yes,
it should've been changed back at release, and wasn't.

> I need somewhere to point people to 8.5Alpha1 release notes, and that
> seems like the appropriate place.

Yeah, agreed.