Mirror reports getting lost

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Marc,

Dunno if you can shed some light on this - every night, a script runs on
svr2 to check the mirrors and update their last sync timestamp in the
mirrors database. A report generated by this script is sent to
pgsql-slavestothewww@postgresql.org. Whilst I have occasionally received
this, the vast majority of the time it simply vanishes - it doesn't even
end up in the moderation queue. At one time I was getting errors because
it was too big, but I've since tweaked the maximum size for that list.

Any ideas? Could it be getting clobbered by your spam filters?

/D

Re: Mirror reports getting lost

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> Dunno if you can shed some light on this - every night, a script runs on
> svr2 to check the mirrors and update their last sync timestamp in the
> mirrors database. A report generated by this script is sent to
> pgsql-slavestothewww@postgresql.org. Whilst I have occasionally received
> this, the vast majority of the time it simply vanishes - it doesn't even
> end up in the moderation queue. At one time I was getting errors because
> it was too big, but I've since tweaked the maximum size for that list.
>
> Any ideas? Could it be getting clobbered by your spam filters?

Not by the spam filters, but maybe by the duplicate checking within
Majordomo2 itself ... if nothing else, try adding a 'date'  to the Subject
line, which should get it to bypass even those ...

----

Re: Mirror reports getting lost

From
"Dave Page"

OK - does it look at the time the dups are sent? I forgot to mention
that when run from the command line it normally works. It fails from
cron...

Still, I've added the date to the subject, and run it again manually
(which worked) - will see if it works tonight.

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Mirror reports getting lost

From
"Dave Page"

Nope, I don't see one from last night - did you Magnus?

Not sure if this is a cron thing, or a timing/dup issue.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Mirror reports getting lost

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > Still, I've added the date to the subject, and run it again
> manually
> > (which worked) - will see if it works tonight.
>
> Nope, I don't see one from last night - did you Magnus?

Nope, nothing here.

> Not sure if this is a cron thing, or a timing/dup issue.

Does it write a log either to a file or to the database? If not, perhaps
it should - then you could see if it's an actual cron issue, or if it's
just the report that goes missing.

//mha