Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ is finally working, I did a local
PEAR installation for the time being...

Tarball of the current sources:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/files/portal.tar.gz

Diff against the current CVS:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/files/portal.diff.gz

Someone with the CVS write access may consider reviewing and applying
the diff.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ is finally working, I did a local
> PEAR installation for the time being...

d'oh, which one was I missing again? :(

----

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ is finally working, I did a local
>>PEAR installation for the time being...
>
> d'oh, which one was I missing again? :(

It was my mail, probably. ;]
After you fixed mod_rewrite on test server, I found out that HTML_Template_Sigma
package was missing...

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
done:

t2# pear install HTML_Template_Sigma
downloading HTML_Template_Sigma-1.0.2.tgz ...
...done: 25,765 bytes
install ok: HTML_Template_Sigma 1.0.2

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ is finally working, I did a local
> >>PEAR installation for the time being...
> >
> > d'oh, which one was I missing again? :(
>
> It was my mail, probably. ;]
> After you fixed mod_rewrite on test server, I found out that HTML_Template_Sigma
> package was missing...

----

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

Thanks Alexey, patch applied.

Note that I've only briefly looked at it due to time contraints, but as
this cvs module isn't live yet it didn't make much sense to leave it
unapplied any longer.

If that makes any sense at all....

Regards, Dave.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
David Costa
Date:
Hello Alexey,
just a short note of appreciation for your hard work. Well done, kudos
:D

Cheers
David

On Mar 6, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ is finally working, I did a
> local PEAR installation for the time being...
>
> Tarball of the current sources:
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/files/portal.tar.gz
>
> Diff against the current CVS:
> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/files/portal.diff.gz
>
> Someone with the CVS write access may consider reviewing and applying
> the diff.
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
> Note that I've only briefly looked at it due to time contraints, but as
> this cvs module isn't live yet it didn't make much sense to leave it
> unapplied any longer.
>
> If that makes any sense at all....

Speaking of which, what is the real reason for keeping the current website and
the "next-generation" one in one project?

Maybe a better approach would be to register a separate project for the
next-generation website (I think this was already proposed here)?

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

Because the project is for all the websites, not just the one you are
working on.

We *have* created a separate CVS module which should be more than enough
segregation.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>>Speaking of which, what is the real reason for keeping the
>>current website and the "next-generation" one in one project?
>>
>>Maybe a better approach would be to register a separate
>>project for the next-generation website (I think this was
>>already proposed here)?
>
> Because the project is for all the websites, not just the one you are
> working on.

OK, let's paraphrase: what is the reason for having one project for all websites
instead of one project per website? I got the impression that *different*
developers work on different websites...

> We *have* created a separate CVS module which should be more than enough
> segregation.

Can CVS write access be given for this module only?

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

Only recently. In the past that was not so much the case.

> > We *have* created a separate CVS module which should be more than
> > enough segregation.
>
> Can CVS write access be given for this module only?

No, unfortunately not.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>>>We *have* created a separate CVS module which should be more than
>>>enough segregation.
>>
>>Can CVS write access be given for this module only?
>
> No, unfortunately not.

::sigh::
Then this does not sound like "enough segregation".

What exactly are the reasons against the new project?

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Alexey,

> OK, let's paraphrase: what is the reason for having one project for all
websites
> instead of one project per website? I got the impression that *different*
> developers work on different websites...

Well, GForge/GBorg is seperate.  Techdocs should be generated by Bricolage.
PGFoundation is apparently going to be seperate.  Advocacy should be going
away as soon as the foundation gets its act together.   General Bits is
hosted & adminned by Elein.

What else is there?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Josh Berkus wrote:
>>OK, let's paraphrase: what is the reason for having one project for all
>
> websites
>
>>instead of one project per website? I got the impression that *different*
>>developers work on different websites...
>

> Well, GForge/GBorg is seperate.  Techdocs should be generated by Bricolage.
> PGFoundation is apparently going to be seperate.  Advocacy should be going
> away as soon as the foundation gets its act together.   General Bits is
> hosted & adminned by Elein.
>
> What else is there?

Well, currently pgweb project has "This project is the development home of the
PostgreSQL website, www.postgresql.org" as description, but its CVS has
directories for current www.postgresql.org (www), techdocs, advocacy and dir for
a "new" postgresql.org (portal).

I'd rather work on the "new" code in a separate project, where there would be no
problems related to giving me CVS access to current code and where it would be
possible to use available issue trackers.

BTW, why doesn't gborg accept new members?
http://gborg.postgresql.org/member/memjoin.php

Re: On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Alexey,

> BTW, why doesn't gborg accept new members?
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/member/memjoin.php

Ooops!  This was temporary while we were copying users to the new PGFoundry;
it needs to be turned back to regular with a warning.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 651-9224
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco

Re: On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)

From
Chris Ryan
Date:
    I'll echo the 'Ooops!'. Turned back on. Any suggestions about what
the message should be? Additionally project submissions were disabled.
Should these be turned back on as well?

Chris Ryan

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Chris,

>     I'll echo the 'Ooops!'. Turned back on. Any suggestions about what
> the message should be? Additionally project submissions were disabled.
> Should these be turned back on as well?

No, I think new projects should say:

"We are currently planning on migrating from GBorg to a new development
platform.   We expect to have the new site online in about a week.   Please
hold your new project idea until then.   Contact josh (at) postgresql (dot)
org for more information if you need it."

The new warning on GBorg members should wait until pgFoundry is live, and then
say:

WARNING: members who join GBorg at this point will have to join pgFoundry
seperately.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 651-9224
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:33, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi!

> >>Can CVS write access be given for this module only?
> >
> > No, unfortunately not.
>
> ::sigh::
> Then this does not sound like "enough segregation".
>
> What exactly are the reasons against the new project?

In the past website development has been segregated and because of that
interaction between the various groups has suffered. (Kind of like how
everyone complains that all of the sites look different and things like
that) The hope is that by uniting them under one project we can get some
coordination working between the folks involved at each site, and even
better would be to have everyone involved to actually contribute to each
site. (A good example right now is I have 4 or 5 minor changes I need to
make on techdocs that I just haven't had time to do)

As a side note, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving you (Alexy)
cvs commit privileges except that you have a tendency to fly off the
handle that makes me a little bit nervous...

Robert Treat

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
David Costa
Date:
On Mar 8, 2004, at 11:09 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> As a side note, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving you (Alexy)
> cvs commit privileges except that you have a tendency to fly off the
> handle that makes me a little bit nervous...

Hello Robert,
I think that Alexey deserve some trust. He has already write access to
a great deal of PEAR source modules
(http://pear.php.net/user/avb) or the whole PEAR three and I would
never imagine a reason to mess up anything.

I would say +1. He might not be very diplomatic, but if he can save
you/the web team some valuable time, why not ?

BTW
Is the gborg  feed  going live sometime soon  ? (no, I am not asking
for CVS access :) )

All the best

Regards,
David Costa, PHP-PostgreSQL Advocacy team     http://postgresql.org
david at postgresql ddoot org                 gurugeek att php dot net
$dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced@localhost/open_source_database';

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:45, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Alexey,
>
> > OK, let's paraphrase: what is the reason for having one project for all
> websites
> > instead of one project per website? I got the impression that *different*
> > developers work on different websites...
>
> Well, GForge/GBorg is seperate.  Techdocs should be generated by Bricolage.

speaking of do you have a status update on that?  a couple of weeks back
i mentioned doing an overhaul to the techdocs code in cvs and you said
not to bother since it was going away... well, it's still there, so can
I push forward with my cvs changes or are you pretty close to being
done?

> PGFoundation is apparently going to be seperate.  Advocacy should be going
> away as soon as the foundation gets its act together.

Actually Advocacy is waiting on the next generation portal stuff... not
the foundation stuff.

General Bits is
> hosted & adminned by Elein.

And it's a completely separate and independent site from the PostgreSQL
web teams sites... kind of like the plpgsql cookbook and oleg and
teodors fts search site.

> What else is there?

"developer" which many are hoping to fold back into the main site once
the next generation portal is done.

not to mention "archives" and search.... both of which should probably
be put under cvs at some point...

Robert Treat

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 17:20, David Costa wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2004, at 11:09 PM, Robert Treat wrote:
> >
> > As a side note, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving you (Alexy)
> > cvs commit privileges except that you have a tendency to fly off the
> > handle that makes me a little bit nervous...
>
> Hello Robert,
> I think that Alexey deserve some trust. He has already write access to
> a great deal of PEAR source modules
> (http://pear.php.net/user/avb) or the whole PEAR three and I would
> never imagine a reason to mess up anything.
>
> I would say +1. He might not be very diplomatic, but if he can save
> you/the web team some valuable time, why not ?

I guess we're still trying to decide if he can save us valuable time :-)
I'd certainly grant his coding efforts argue in his favor.

> BTW
> Is the gborg  feed  going live sometime soon  ? (no, I am not asking
> for CVS access :) )

Not sure if Dave has had a chance to look at it yet... my current plate
is finishing weekly news today/tonight... then I need to do techdocs
updates, then I might be able to grab the patch Chris posted and put it
up... not sure how far I will get tonight so we'll see.

Robert Treat

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Chris Ryan
Date:
--- David Costa <geeks@dotgeek.org> wrote:
 -- snip --

> BTW
> Is the gborg  feed  going live sometime soon  ? (no, I am not asking
> for CVS access :) )

 -- snip --

    It kept slipping my mind to setup the cron on gborg to make the rss
feed live. I have done so now and it updates once and hour on the half
hour.

Chris Ryan

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Robert Treat wrote:
>>I would say +1. He might not be very diplomatic, but if he can save
>>you/the web team some valuable time, why not ?
>

> I guess we're still trying to decide if he can save us valuable time :-)

Ahem. I'd learn that my work is not needed *now* rather than later, when
  I've spent more time on it...

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:32, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Robert Treat wrote:
> >>I would say +1. He might not be very diplomatic, but if he can save
> >>you/the web team some valuable time, why not ?
> >

> > I guess we're still trying to decide if he can save us valuable time :-)
>
> Ahem. I'd learn that my work is not needed *now* rather than later, when
>   I've spent more time on it...

No, the work is needed now, and quite frankly I have more faith that
you'll get it done than I do that we will, at least anytime soon. It's
just that we keep going round and round on the whole "working together"
thing... a similar issue came up on interfaces, with libtcl. A new guy
had a bunch of patches he wanted to submit but the project maintainers
had been idle for awhile, so he wanted to take over the project. The
admins stated they wanted to stay on, so he forked the project... all
bad imho. ISTM that when your new to a project, you should assume that
you don't know as much as folks that are currently running things. If
you want to take over things, the way to do it is by putting in enough
effort to show your serious, killing people with kindness, and by
submitting enough patches that the developers decide it's too much
hassle to stand in your way. At least that's how I have tried to
approach things...

Robert Treat

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

Nicely put.

/D

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Robert Treat wrote:
>>>I guess we're still trying to decide if he can save us valuable time :-)
>>
>>Ahem. I'd learn that my work is not needed *now* rather than later, when
>>  I've spent more time on it...
>
> No, the work is needed now, and quite frankly I have more faith that
> you'll get it done than I do that we will, at least anytime soon. It's
> just that we keep going round and round on the whole "working together"
> thing...

Seems like you are bent on teaching me about how Open Source works once again...

I already learned that this "working together" thing requires *mutual* desire
to, uhm, work together. If such a desire is not found on one side, then this
side can come up with really inventive excuses.

Consider: Marc had some disagreements with me, too. But I already have a
development server set up at postgresql.org domain.

On the other hand *you* write "I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving you
(Alexy) cvs commit privileges except that you have a tendency to fly off the
handle that makes me a little bit nervous..."

Are you *this* afraid of me defacing postgresql.org?.. ;]

> a similar issue came up on interfaces, with libtcl. A new guy
> had a bunch of patches he wanted to submit but the project maintainers
> had been idle for awhile, so he wanted to take over the project. The
> admins stated they wanted to stay on, so he forked the project... all
> bad imho. ISTM that when your new to a project, you should assume that
> you don't know as much as folks that are currently running things.

Oh, yeah. Reading the current traffic I got the impression that the folks who
are running things know as little as myself. What's up with techdocs? What is
this PGFoundry thing? Why is search broken? ;]

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 14:22, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi!

> >>Ahem. I'd learn that my work is not needed *now* rather than later, when
> >>  I've spent more time on it...
> >
> > No, the work is needed now, and quite frankly I have more faith that
> > you'll get it done than I do that we will, at least anytime soon. It's
> > just that we keep going round and round on the whole "working together"
> > thing...
>
> Seems like you are bent on teaching me about how Open Source works once again...

I am almost as stubborn a teacher as those students who refuse to learn
:-)

> I already learned that this "working together" thing requires *mutual* desire
> to, uhm, work together. If such a desire is not found on one side, then this
> side can come up with really inventive excuses.
>
> Consider: Marc had some disagreements with me, too. But I already have a
> development server set up at postgresql.org domain.
>
> On the other hand *you* write "I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving you
> (Alexy) cvs commit privileges except that you have a tendency to fly off the
> handle that makes me a little bit nervous..."

On the same hand... do you think Marc makes his decisions in a vacuum?

> Are you *this* afraid of me defacing postgresql.org?.. ;]

not really... after all that's the point of CVS isn't it?

> > a similar issue came up on interfaces, with libtcl. A new guy
> > had a bunch of patches he wanted to submit but the project maintainers
> > had been idle for awhile, so he wanted to take over the project. The
> > admins stated they wanted to stay on, so he forked the project... all
> > bad imho. ISTM that when your new to a project, you should assume that
> > you don't know as much as folks that are currently running things.
>
> Oh, yeah. Reading the current traffic I got the impression that the folks who
> are running things know as little as myself. What's up with techdocs? What is
> this PGFoundry thing? Why is search broken? ;]

And some people want us to be even *more* segregated...

Robert Treat

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Robert Treat wrote:
>>Oh, yeah. Reading the current traffic I got the impression that the folks who
>>are running things know as little as myself. What's up with techdocs? What is
>>this PGFoundry thing? Why is search broken? ;]
>
> And some people want us to be even *more* segregated...

You can't be even *more* segregated. There already are two distinct groups: the
so-called "website team" that doesn't have a slightest clue what's up with the
websites and the people who actually do the work.

I feel that I'd rather align myself with the latter.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

Do you have any idea how many hours a week people like Robert and I put
into this project on top of other commitments like family, work and
studies? My third child was born just 2 weeks ago and I still ended up
working on the project into the early hours after the hospital kicked me
out for the night. Just because it wasn't any anything you're aware of
doesn't mean that it isn't valid work.

Don't you dare suggest that we do not have a clue or do any of the
actual work - you have absolutely no idea of half the things that we do.

Dave.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
>>You can't be even *more* segregated. There already are two
>>distinct groups: the so-called "website team" that doesn't
>>have a slightest clue what's up with the websites and the
>>people who actually do the work.
>
> Do you have any idea how many hours a week people like Robert and I put
> into this project on top of other commitments like family, work and
> studies? My third child was born just 2 weeks ago and I still ended up
> working on the project into the early hours after the hospital kicked me
> out for the night. Just because it wasn't any anything you're aware of
> doesn't mean that it isn't valid work.

Please drop this BS, you won't squeeze a tear from my eyes by such
pathetic methods. I work on this stuff in my free time, too.

If you do so much work, where can we look at the results of it? Or do
you mean that you just feigned complete ignorance when PGFoundry was
mentioned? ;]

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

I'm not trying to get any sympathy - I don't want or need any. I'm just
trying to point out that whilst you seem to have it in your head that we
do nothing and know nothing, that is not the case.

> If you do so much work, where can we look at the results of
> it?

All over the place - I'm not going to list things I do for you. The
people that matter know what I work on and that is whats important.

> Or do you mean that you just feigned complete ignorance
> when PGFoundry was mentioned? ;]

No, I had not heard that name before, and until Josh's post can still
find no reference to it in either the hackers or www lists - can you?.
That doesn't mean I didn't follow the discussion though; I chose not to
particiapte because Josh,  and I have already discussed the issue in the
past.

Dave.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Gavin M. Roy"

> You can't be even *more* segregated. There already are two distinct
> groups: the so-called "website team" that doesn't have a slightest
> clue what's up with the websites and the people who actually do the work.
>
> I feel that I'd rather align myself with the latter.

How about working with the former so that we can help contribute and
bring all these things forward that much faster?

Gavin

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Alexey,

> Please drop this BS, you won't squeeze a tear from my eyes by such
> pathetic methods. I work on this stuff in my free time, too.

Are you here to piss people off, or to contribute to the revised web site?
Please sort out your priorities.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Alexey Borzov
Date:
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>>Please drop this BS, you won't squeeze a tear from my eyes by
>>such pathetic methods. I work on this stuff in my free time, too.
>

> I'm not trying to get any sympathy - I don't want or need any. I'm just
> trying to point out that whilst you seem to have it in your head that we
> do nothing and know nothing, that is not the case.

I must apologize for once again starting the flame. English is not my native
language and I have a tendency of making the statements harsher than I really
want them to be.

I am of course not thinking that you "do nothing and know nothing", as we have a
working site right now.

But I do want to point out that there is too little communication going on:
between the "insiders", between the "insiders" and (potential) "contributors" as
well. There is no easily available plan, list of things to be done, list of
thing being done, whatever.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
It's rumoured that Alexey Borzov once said:
> Hi!
>
> I must apologize for once again starting the flame. English is not my
> native  language and I have a tendency of making the statements harsher
> than I really  want them to be.
>
> I am of course not thinking that you "do nothing and know nothing", as
> we have a  working site right now.

OK, apology accepted. As this has happened more than once though, might I
politely suggest that you count to ten and re-read your messages before
sending them - just in case?
> But I do want to point out that there is too little communication going
> on:  between the "insiders", between the "insiders" and (potential)
> "contributors" as  well. There is no easily available plan, list of
> things to be done, list of  thing being done, whatever.

I agree things are not perfect and could be improved. Some random thoughts:

- Some while ago (iirc following your suggestion) I enabled the tasks list
on the pgweb GBorg project. Let's *all* start using that - I have added a
couple of tasks to get started; please add any more - the smaller the
better so ppl can easily pick one that will take just a few minutes if
they like.
- I outlined a three phase plan as you know. If you have additional detail
for the work you are doing (phase 1) please share it (as numbered tasks on
the project if you like).
- Part of the problem stemmed from lack of communication between Josh and
the rest of us (which he has already explained). This was a simple
oversight, the only part of which I was not aware of being the pgfoundry
name. The project, and surrounding discussions I have followed as anyone
could in -hackers.
- There will *always* be a certain central group of us in this team (yes,
insiders if you like). The reasons for this are twofold - 1) we speak
"officially" for the project as the site webmasters, and 2) we have root
on the various servers. People get into this group generally because they
have proven their commitment to the project over *many* years. There is no
great secrecy about anything we do though - just the odd administrative
decision, and dealing with enquiries from members of the public. You ain't
missin much believe me!
I hope this clears a few things up and allows us to move forward :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dave,

> - Part of the problem stemmed from lack of communication between Josh and
> the rest of us (which he has already explained). This was a simple
> oversight, the only part of which I was not aware of being the pgfoundry
> name. The project, and surrounding discussions I have followed as anyone
> could in -hackers.

It frankly didn't occur to us that anyone would have an opinion about the
name.   Our goal was to get this up and running while everyone involved has
time available to work on it.

Stuff will drop out of the loop from time to time; I know that for my part
once I've discussed something with one mailing list plus five individuals I
tend to feel like I've covered everyone even if I haven't.    Our community
is getting a little too big for everyone to know about everything.

The Bugtracker question has been shelved due to lack of consensus, BTW.
Quite probably by the time we deal with it again the GForge bugtracker will
be adequate for our requirements.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From
"Dave Page"

Oh of course. For what it's worth I quite like pgFoundry...

> Stuff will drop out of the loop from time to time; I know
> that for my part once I've discussed something with one
> mailing list plus five individuals I
> tend to feel like I've covered everyone even if I haven't.
> Our community
> is getting a little too big for everyone to know about everything.

These things happen from time to time - that was the point I was trying
to make.

> The Bugtracker question has been shelved due to lack of
> consensus, BTW.
> Quite probably by the time we deal with it again the GForge
> bugtracker will be adequate for our requirements.

That good - I never liked Bugzilla which seemed to be favourite at one
point.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Developer tools was: Update on 'portal' changes

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dave,

> That good - I never liked Bugzilla which seemed to be favourite at one
> point.

Yeah, that was a problem.   We had:

25% liked bugzilla
20% liked RT
20% liked something else
15% didn't want a bug tracker at all
10% wanted to stick with the GForge tracker
10% weren't sure what they liked, but were certain that they hated one
       or more of the above, especially Bugzilla

NOT  a consensus.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions