New News Entry

From
www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Date:
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?163

Submitted by: jd@commandprompt.com
Headline: PostgreSQL Replicator for 7.3.4 and 7.4 released
Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator is an asynchronous replication system designed to be WAN and faulty connection tolerant.

Story:

Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator is an asynchronous replication system designed to be WAN and faulty connection tolerant.
Ituses a distributed TransactionLog system to keep track of updates produced by the Master database. The system allows
formultiple Slaves to receive updates in either a continuous or batch mode.

Mammoth PostgreSQL from Command Prompt, Inc. is a robust, reliable,
SQL-compatible Object Relational Database Management System (ORDBMS). It is designed to give small to medium size
businessesthe power, performance, and open-standard support they desire.

Written as a part of the database Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator delivers a new level of reliability and provides that
lastmissing key feature for 24/7 PostgreSQL usage.

Command Prompt, Inc., provides support, custom programming, and services for PostgreSQL. Service contracts, as well as
timeand materials support are available, allowing for single-point accountability for a customer\'s database solution.
available, allowing for single-point accountability for a customer\'s
database solution.

Availability

RedHat 7.3+ - NOW
SuSE 8.2+ - NOW
SuSE 9.0+ - NOW
Solaris 9 - December 2003

                  Mac OS X - December 2003

For more information please visit:http://www.commandprompt.com/

Command Prompt, Inc.
(503) 667 - 4564

Re: New News Entry

From
Josh Berkus
> A new entry has been added to the news database.
>
> Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?163
>
> Submitted by: jd@commandprompt.com
> Headline: PostgreSQL Replicator for 7.3.4 and 7.4 released
Any reason not to approve this?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: New News Entry

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:34, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> > A new entry has been added to the news database.
> >
> > Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?163
> >
> > Submitted by: jd@commandprompt.com
> > Headline: PostgreSQL Replicator for 7.3.4 and 7.4 released
> Any reason not to approve this?

No and approved. In the future though I'd like to see Joshua submit
these on the same day as he sends his announcements to the -announce
list.

Robert Treat

Re: New News Entry

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> No and approved. In the future though I'd like to see Joshua submit
> these on the same day as he sends his announcements to the -announce
> list.

He thought he did.    He actually sent that one today becuase I called him and
mentioned that I'd not seen a request for the news item.  My guess is
something bombed in submitting the web form.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco

Re: New News Entry

From
greg@turnstep.com
Date: