connecting from php

From
Ivan Horvath
Date:
hi All,

i set up in the pg_hba.conf file the md5 password
encyption method for the client authentication.
i try to connect to the database from another machine
with the psql client tool - it is working.
i try to connect with php script it is not working!
please help me!

Ivan

=====
Best Regards,

Ivan Horvath

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

/Albert Einstein/

http://sports.yahoo.com/

Re: connecting from php

From
"Hunter, Ray"

How are you trying to connect to postgres with php?

Thank you,

Ray Hunter
Firmware Engineer

ENTERASYS NETWORKS

i set up in the pg_hba.conf file the md5 password
encyption method for the client authentication.
i try to connect to the database from another machine
with the psql client tool - it is working.
i try to connect with php script it is not working!
please help me!

Ivan

=====
Best Regards,

Ivan Horvath

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

/Albert Einstein/

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: connecting from php

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

If you paste the php line and error message that you are getting, we can
easily help you.

Otherwise, all we can do could be just guessing what is happening
there....

Regards and best wishes,

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Ivan Horvath wrote:

> hi All,
>
> i set up in the pg_hba.conf file the md5 password
> encyption method for the client authentication.
> i try to connect to the database from another machine
> with the psql client tool - it is working.
> i try to connect with php script it is not working!
> please help me!
>
> Ivan
>

> =====
> Best Regards,
>
> Ivan Horvath
>
> Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
>
> /Albert Einstein/

> http://sports.yahoo.com/

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: connecting from php

From
Ivan Horvath
Date:
thank you for the fast answer,

here is the php code:
$conn = pg_Connect("host=192.168.1.30 port=5432
dbname=PMS2500 user=web password=web");

here is the error message:
Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
fe_sendauth: authentication type 5 not supported in
c:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\test\masodik.php on line 8

Ivan

--- Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you paste the php line and error message that you
> are getting, we can
> easily help you.
>
> Otherwise, all we can do could be just guessing what
> is happening
> there....
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>

> Devrim GUNDUZ
>
> devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
> devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
> devrimg@tr.net
>
> Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Ivan Horvath wrote:
>
> > hi All,
> >
> > i set up in the pg_hba.conf file the md5 password
> > encyption method for the client authentication.
> > i try to connect to the database from another
> machine
> > with the psql client tool - it is working.
> > i try to connect with php script it is not
> working!
> > please help me!
> >
> > Ivan
> >

> > =====
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Ivan Horvath
> >
> > Anyone who has never made a mistake has never
> tried anything new.
> >
> > /Albert Einstein/

> > Yahoo! Sports - live college hoops coverage
> > http://sports.yahoo.com/
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

=====
Best Regards,

Ivan Horvath

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

/Albert Einstein/

http://sports.yahoo.com/

Re: connecting from php

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

This lines are taken from pg_hba.conf :

#   md5:        Same as "password", but the password is encrypted while
#               being sent over the network. This method is preferable to
#               "password" except for pre-7.2 clients that don't support it.
#               NOTE: md5 can use usernames stored in secondary password
#               files but ignores passwords stored there.  The pg_shadow
#               password will always be used.

I mean, could it be you're not running earlier versions of PostgreSQL?

Best regards,
Devrim

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Ivan Horvath wrote:

> thank you for the fast answer,
>
> here is the php code:
> $conn = pg_Connect("host=192.168.1.30 port=5432
> dbname=PMS2500 user=web password=web");
>
> here is the error message:
> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> fe_sendauth: authentication type 5 not supported in
> c:\program files\apache
> group\apache\htdocs\test\masodik.php on line 8
>
> Ivan
>
> --- Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you paste the php line and error message that you
> > are getting, we can
> > easily help you.
> >
> > Otherwise, all we can do could be just guessing what
> > is happening
> > there....
> >
> > Regards and best wishes,
> >

> > Devrim GUNDUZ
> >
> > devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
> > devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
> > devrimg@tr.net
> >
> > Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

> > On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Ivan Horvath wrote:
> >
> > > hi All,
> > >
> > > i set up in the pg_hba.conf file the md5 password
> > > encyption method for the client authentication.
> > > i try to connect to the database from another
> > machine
> > > with the psql client tool - it is working.
> > > i try to connect with php script it is not
> > working!
> > > please help me!
> > >
> > > Ivan
> > >

> > > =====
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Ivan Horvath
> > >
> > > Anyone who has never made a mistake has never
> > tried anything new.
> > >
> > > /Albert Einstein/

> > > Yahoo! Sports - live college hoops coverage
> > > http://sports.yahoo.com/

> > > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> > >

> =====
> Best Regards,
>
> Ivan Horvath
>
> Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
>
> /Albert Einstein/

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

Re: connecting from php

From
Ivan Horvath
Date:
Hi,

i've checked it, i use exactly 7.2, but it is working
with cygwin on w2k os.

Ivan

--- Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This lines are taken from pg_hba.conf :
>
> #   md5:        Same as "password", but the password
> is encrypted while
> #               being sent over the network. This
> method is preferable to
> #               "password" except for pre-7.2
> clients that don't support it.
> #               NOTE: md5 can use usernames stored
> in secondary password
> #               files but ignores passwords stored
> there.  The pg_shadow
> #               password will always be used.
>

> I mean, could it be you're not running earlier
> versions of PostgreSQL?
>
> Best regards,
> Devrim
>
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Ivan Horvath wrote:
>
> > thank you for the fast answer,
> >
> > here is the php code:
> > $conn = pg_Connect("host=192.168.1.30 port=5432
> > dbname=PMS2500 user=web password=web");
> >
> > here is the error message:
> > Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> > fe_sendauth: authentication type 5 not supported
> in
> > c:\program files\apache
> > group\apache\htdocs\test\masodik.php on line 8
> >
> > Ivan
> >
> > --- Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > If you paste the php line and error message that
> you
> > > are getting, we can
> > > easily help you.
> > >
> > > Otherwise, all we can do could be just guessing
> what
> > > is happening
> > > there....
> > >
> > > Regards and best wishes,
> > >

> > > Devrim GUNDUZ
> > >
> > > devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
> > > devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
> > > devrimg@tr.net
> > >
> > > Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

> password
> authentication.
> > > machine
> > > working!

> > > tried anything new.

> > > broadcast)---------------------------
> > > >

> > =====
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Ivan Horvath
> >
> > Anyone who has never made a mistake has never
> tried anything new.
> >
> > /Albert Einstein/

> majordomo@postgresql.org
> >

> --
>
> Devrim GUNDUZ
>
> devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
> devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
> devrimg@tr.net
>
> Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

=====
Best Regards,

Ivan Horvath

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

/Albert Einstein/

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
http://movies.yahoo.com/

Re: connecting from php

From
"Miguel Carvalho"
Date:
> Hi,
>
> i've checked it, i use exactly 7.2, but it is working
> with cygwin on w2k os.

I'm not shure, but i think that cygwin doesnt come with encription
support....so md5, crypt, etc authentication methods will not work.

Have installed postgresql from source or via RPM files?

If a have said anything wrong, please correct me.

Regards
Miguel Carvalho

Re: connecting from php

From