Re: connecting from php - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: connecting from php
Date
List pgsql-php
Hi,

This lines are taken from pg_hba.conf :

#   md5:        Same as "password", but the password is encrypted while
#               being sent over the network. This method is preferable to
#               "password" except for pre-7.2 clients that don't support it.
#               NOTE: md5 can use usernames stored in secondary password
#               files but ignores passwords stored there.  The pg_shadow
#               password will always be used.

I mean, could it be you're not running earlier versions of PostgreSQL?

Best regards,
Devrim