PAM Authentication Patch, take one...

From
"Dominic J. Eidson"
Date:
Attached is the new and revised version of the PAM authentication patch.

This will only send a password request to the frontend, if a password is
required.

Questions, comments?

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli

Attachment

Expect slow response this week

Date:
"Dominic J. Eidson" <sauron@the-infinite.org> writes:
> Attached is the new and revised version of the PAM authentication patch.

Don't worry, we're not ignoring you.  Much of the core committee is or
shortly will be at LinuxWorld, so reviewing and applying patches is
likely not going to get done this week.  Have patience...

            regards, tom lane

Re: PAM Authentication Patch, take one...

Date:

> Attached is the new and revised version of the PAM authentication patch.
>
> This will only send a password request to the frontend, if a password is
> required.
>
> Questions, comments?
>

> --
> Dominic J. Eidson
>                                         "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
> http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: PAM Authentication Patch, take one...

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Dominic J. Eidson writes:

> Attached is the new and revised version of the PAM authentication patch.
>
> This will only send a password request to the frontend, if a password is
> required.

pam_strerror() should be used a few more times, rather than just saying
"Error!".  Also, the configure.in snippet seems wrong.  You add
-I$pam_prefix/include/security to $INCLUDES and then you #include
<security/pam_appl.h>.  This whole thing is probably unnecessary, since
PAM is a system library on the systems where it exists, so the headers
and libraries are found automatically, unlike OpenSSL and
Kerberos.

Date:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Dominic J. Eidson writes:
>
> > Attached is the new and revised version of the PAM authentication patch.
> >
> > This will only send a password request to the frontend, if a password is
> > required.
>
> pam_strerror() should be used a few more times, rather than just saying
> "Error!".  Also, the configure.in snippet seems wrong.  You add
> -I$pam_prefix/include/security to $INCLUDES and then you #include
> <security/pam_appl.h>.  This whole thing is probably unnecessary, since
> PAM is a system library on the systems where it exists, so the headers
> and libraries are found automatically, unlike OpenSSL and
> Kerberos.

Will fix all of this and resubmit.

--

Date:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> pam_strerror() should be used a few more times, rather than just saying
> "Error!".  Also, the configure.in snippet seems wrong.  You add
> -I$pam_prefix/include/security to $INCLUDES and then you #include
> <security/pam_appl.h>.  This whole thing is probably unnecessary, since
> PAM is a system library on the systems where it exists, so the headers
> and libraries are found automatically, unlike OpenSSL and
> Kerberos.

See attached revised patch. (I'm sure the configure.in stuff can be done
right/better, I'm just not enough of a autoconf guru to know what to
change it to.)

--

Date:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > pam_strerror() should be used a few more times, rather than just saying
> > "Error!".  Also, the configure.in snippet seems wrong.  You add
> > -I$pam_prefix/include/security to $INCLUDES and then you #include
> > <security/pam_appl.h>.  This whole thing is probably unnecessary, since
> > PAM is a system library on the systems where it exists, so the headers
> > and libraries are found automatically, unlike OpenSSL and
> > Kerberos.
>
> See attached revised patch. (I'm sure the configure.in stuff can be done
> right/better, I'm just not enough of a autoconf guru to know what to
> change it to.)
>

> --
> Dominic J. Eidson
>                                         "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
> http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: PAM Authentication Patch, take one...

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.