Re: PAM Authentication Patch, take one... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PAM Authentication Patch, take one...
Date
Re: PAM Authentication Patch, take one...
List pgsql-patches
Dominic J. Eidson writes:

> Attached is the new and revised version of the PAM authentication patch.
>
> This will only send a password request to the frontend, if a password is
> required.

pam_strerror() should be used a few more times, rather than just saying
"Error!".  Also, the configure.in snippet seems wrong.  You add
-I$pam_prefix/include/security to $INCLUDES and then you #include
<security/pam_appl.h>.  This whole thing is probably unnecessary, since
PAM is a system library on the systems where it exists, so the headers
and libraries are found automatically, unlike OpenSSL and
Kerberos.