ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

From
Jarkko Elfving
Date:
Hello

I'm trying to create a simple database with PgAdmin3 but I got an error
message: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

I had never get this kind type of error message.

I've used PostgreSQL and PgAdmin3 casually some about a year now. Can
anyone help me to figure out this problem?

OS: Fedora Core 4
PostgreSQL 8.0.4
PgAdmin3

I do not think so that how I'd created the datatabe could be the cause
to this problem. I did not used any additional parameters in a
commandline when I created this database.

This is a part of my studywork and I'm now on a dead-end in here. I did
not found any helpful answers from this and other Postgres mailing list
or from the Google.

Regards,
Jarkko Elfving

Re: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@kotiportti.fi> schrieb:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to create a simple database with PgAdmin3 but I got an error
> message: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

What do you do before, can you tell us your SQL?

> I've used PostgreSQL and PgAdmin3 casually some about a year now. Can
> anyone help me to figure out this problem?

It is better to use the native psql - tool.

Regards, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)

Date:
On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 11:26 +0100, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@kotiportti.fi> schrieb:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm trying to create a simple database with PgAdmin3 but I got an error
> > message: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist
>
> What do you do before, can you tell us your SQL?

That't the point. I'm not able to create any tables or any other jobs
either. I open the connection to "server" via pgAdmin3 and move to
Database "column". Then I got the error message. When I try to create
another database within pgAdmin3, I got the error message.

> > I've used PostgreSQL and PgAdmin3 casually some about a year now. Can
> > anyone help me to figure out this problem?
>
> It is better to use the native psql - tool.

Yes. If not get this client to work, that's the only way to proceed on my job.
Are there any other graphical environments to work in PostgreSQL or do I
have to do it by hand (=text based in pgsql prompt)

> Regards, Andreas

Re: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 12:35:39PM +0200, Jarkko Elfving wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 11:26 +0100, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> > Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@kotiportti.fi> schrieb:
> > > I'm trying to create a simple database with PgAdmin3 but I got an error
> > > message: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist
> >
> > What do you do before, can you tell us your SQL?
>
> That't the point. I'm not able to create any tables or any other jobs
> either. I open the connection to "server" via pgAdmin3 and move to
> Database "column". Then I got the error message. When I try to create
> another database within pgAdmin3, I got the error message.

What version of pgAdmin3 are you running?  According to www.pgadmin.org
the latest versions are 1.2.2 and 1.4Beta-3.  datpath was one of the
columns in pg_database in pre-8.0 versions of PostgreSQL; your version
of pgAdmin3 appears to be assuming datpath's presence.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

Date:
Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@kotiportti.fi> writes:
> I'm trying to create a simple database with PgAdmin3 but I got an error
> message: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

Better get a newer version of PgAdmin --- it appears to be too old for
PG 8.0.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: column "datpath" does not exist

From
Jarkko Elfving
Date:
Thank's for all you who helped me around of this problem. The answer was
too old pgAdmin3 client.

I'm pleased now. Thanks!

Regards
Jarkko Elfving