having problem connecting to postgreSQL v7.5.

From
togusan@yahoo.com (Adrian Chew)
Date:
Hi, I'm having problems trying to connect to the postgresql 7.5 using
libpg. I'm developing on the windows platform and using visual c++ 6.0
compiler. I've set the parameters for library path to :

C:\program files\postgresql\7.5\lib

and the include path to:

C:\program files\postgresql\7.5\include

The file "libpq.dll" has been included to the library modules.
Everytime I tried to connect to my sample program I get an error

C:\program files\postgresql\7.5\lib\libpq.dll : fatal error LNK1136:
invalid or corrupt file.

Could anyone please help. thanks.

Re: having problem connecting to postgreSQL v7.5.

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
Hi Adrian,

On Sep 13, 2004, at 6:38 PM, Adrian Chew wrote:

> Hi, I'm having problems trying to connect to the postgresql 7.5 using
> libpg.

I can't help much with the windows problems, but I do know that 7.5 9
(a developer version) has become 8.0 which is currently in beta2.
Perhaps using the most recent beta will solve your problems. IIRC, the
most recent release is 7.4.5.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Date:
On Sep 14, 2004, at 2:13 PM, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> I can't help much with the windows problems, but I do know that 7.5 9

Please disregard that wayward 9 :). 7.5 was renumbered 8.0.

>  (a developer version) has become 8.0 which is currently in beta2.
> Perhaps using the most recent beta will solve your problems. IIRC, the
> most recent release is 7.4.5.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com