Majordomo results: archive-get

From
Ennio-Sr
Date:

archive-get pgsql-general 200303/1167

I received this message:
* majordomo-owner@postgresql.org <majordomo-owner@postgresql.org> [250303, 08:16]:
> >>>> archive-get pgsql-general 200303/1167
> **** No messages were retrieved from the archive for the pgsql-general list.
> **** Your request was denied.
> ****
> **** A personal or administrative password is required to issue this command.
[cut]
> 1 valid command processed; it failed.

I read again the 'archive help' but didn't find any reference to a
password to be given with said command. Where is the error?

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)

Re: Majordomo results: archive-get

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 14:50:04 +0100,
  Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> wrote:

> I read again the 'archive help' but didn't find any reference to a
> password to be given with said command. Where is the error?

You need to send in a request to get a password. I posted how to do this
when I had to figure it out a couple of months ago. I don't remember the exact
details, but they are in the archive. Alternatively, you could find and read
some majordomo documentation.

Date:
* Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> [250303, 13:57]:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 14:50:04 +0100,
>   Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> wrote:
[cut]
> You need to send in a request to get a password. I posted how to do this

Do you mean a second password, since I already got (and confirmed) one
when I registered as a user?

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)
[Why to use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.             )=(
 Do something you aren't good at!" (used to say Henry Miller) ]

Re: Majordomo results: archive-get

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 23:08:05 +0100,
  Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> wrote:
> * Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> [250303, 13:57]:
> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 14:50:04 +0100,
> >   Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> wrote:
> [cut]
> > You need to send in a request to get a password. I posted how to do this
>
> Do you mean a second password, since I already got (and confirmed) one
> when I registered as a user?

That one should work.

Re: Majordomo results: archive-get

From
Ennio-Sr
Date:
* Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> [250303, 22:47]:
[big cut]
> > Do you mean a second password, since I already got (and confirmed) one
> > when I registered as a user?
>
> That one should work.

OK, but do you use it when retrieving a post from the archive?
And, if yes, where do you put it in the command line?
(I tried to put it at the beginning of the line with no success. As no
mention of password is given in the help instructions couldn't it be a
question of exact matching of 'registered' address whith the 'From:'
address resulting from my request?
Thanks for your patience, Bruno.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)
[Why to use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.             )=(
 Do something you aren't good at!" (used to say Henry Miller) ]

Re: Majordomo results: archive-get

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 16:21:13 +0100,
  Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> wrote:
> * Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> [250303, 22:47]:
> [big cut]
> > > Do you mean a second password, since I already got (and confirmed) one
> > > when I registered as a user?
> >
> > That one should work.
>
> OK, but do you use it when retrieving a post from the archive?
> And, if yes, where do you put it in the command line?
> (I tried to put it at the beginning of the line with no success. As no
> mention of password is given in the help instructions couldn't it be a
> question of exact matching of 'registered' address whith the 'From:'
> address resulting from my request?
> Thanks for your patience, Bruno.

You have to prefix the command by:
APPROVE your_password