JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but I think it needs to get out before the technical debt gets overwhelming.

I have two priorities at the moment:

1) Writing the changelog
2) fixing the www site

If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE --pretty

I will push to maven next as well

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
dmp
Date:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but
> I think it needs to get out before the technical debt gets overwhelming.
>
> I have two priorities at the moment:
>
> 1) Writing the changelog
> 2) fixing the www site

Hello,

2) What are the fixing the www site issues? or do you mean update.

In my notes I only have 3 issues that were not addressed.

a. Documents/Changelog script make simpler to update/generate.

b. Development/Todo script make simpler to update/generate.

c. While using Firefox it appears that development.html and download.html
    are slightly shifted to the right when compared to the other pages.
    Other than that it looks good.

a. & b. are projects in themselves. I could track c. down fairly easily.

danap.

> If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a
> git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE --pretty
>
> I will push to maven next as well
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
fixing the www sites includes doing whatever is required to get the rss working (which may include deleting it)
There are a few other things like the source files are missing for the current releases, but IIRC not much else needs fixing

[...]

Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Dave Cramer, 01.11.2013 14:37:
> This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but I think it needs to get out before the
technicaldebt gets overwhelming.

> I have two priorities at the moment:
>
> 1) Writing the changelog
> 2) fixing the www site
>
> If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE --pretty
>
> I will push to maven next as well

Thanks a lot.

The link to the source tarball is broken though:

On http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html there is a link to
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gzwhich gives a 404

Regards
Thomas

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Yes, I know that was (supposed to be) on the todo list.

Thanks

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Dave Cramer, 01.11.2013 14:37:
> This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but I think it needs to get out before the technical debt gets overwhelming.
>
> I have two priorities at the moment:
>
> 1) Writing the changelog
> 2) fixing the www site
>
> If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE --pretty
>
> I will push to maven next as well

Thanks a lot.

The link to the source tarball is broken though:

On http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html there is a link to http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz which gives a 404

Regards
Thomas

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Source tarball(s) posted to the site.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

Yes, I know that was (supposed to be) on the todo list.

Thanks

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Dave Cramer, 01.11.2013 14:37:
> This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but I think it needs to get out before the technical debt gets overwhelming.
>
> I have two priorities at the moment:
>
> 1) Writing the changelog
> 2) fixing the www site
>
> If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE --pretty
>
> I will push to maven next as well

Thanks a lot.

The link to the source tarball is broken though:

On http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html there is a link to http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz which gives a 404

Regards
Thomas

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
No problem, I just wanted to make sure it's not overlooked.

Thanks
Thoams

Dave Cramer, 04.11.2013 12:02:
> Yes, I know that was (supposed to be) on the todo list.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net <mailto:spam_eater@gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Dave Cramer, 01.11.2013 14:37:
>     > This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but I think it needs to get out before the
technicaldebt gets overwhelming.
>     >
>     > I have two priorities at the moment:
>     >
>     > 1) Writing the changelog
>     > 2) fixing the www site
>     >
>     > If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE
--pretty
>     >
>     > I will push to maven next as well
>     >

>     Thanks a lot.
>
>     The link to the source tarball is broken though:
>
>     On http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html there is a link to
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gzwhich gives a 404

>     Regards
>     Thomas

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 07:02 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Source tarball(s) posted to the site.

Something does not look good to me:

$ tar zxf postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz
$ ls
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcbuild.properties
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcdoc
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcLICENSE
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcREADME.md
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcbuild.xml
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.gitignore
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcMETA-INF  postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcsrc
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcupdate-translations.sh
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srccertdir
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srclib         postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcorg
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcssltest.properties

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
that is clearly wrong, thanks

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 07:02 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Source tarball(s) posted to the site.

Something does not look good to me:

$ tar zxf postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz
$ ls
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcbuild.properties
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcdoc
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcLICENSE
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcREADME.md
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcbuild.xml
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.gitignore
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcMETA-INF  postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcsrc
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcupdate-translations.sh
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srccertdir
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srclib         postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcorg
postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.srcssltest.properties

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
I've updated the website with the changelog. If I've left anyone out it was by mistake, and not on purpose.

One person's name who didn't show up but I owe debt of gratitude to is, danap@ttc-cmc.net. He spent a considerable amount of time redoing the website. Thanks!

If you have time, please review the site for errors, and pull requests would be appreciated.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Dave Cramer, 01.11.2013 14:37:
> This is way overdue, and I expect there will be quite a few issues, but I think it needs to get out before the technical debt gets overwhelming.
>
> I have two priorities at the moment:
>
> 1) Writing the changelog
> 2) fixing the www site
>
> If anyone wants to have a crack at the changelog, it is basically just a git log REL9_2_STABLE REL9_3_STABLE --pretty
>
> I will push to maven next as well

Thanks a lot.

The link to the source tarball is broken though:

On http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html there is a link to http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-jdbc-9.3-1100.src.tar.gz which gives a 404

Regards
Thomas

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Martin Petras
Date:
Hi Dave,

Just a minor thing, in the change log http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/changelog.html under History of Changes there are anchor links missing for versions 9.2-1004 and 9.3-1100.

Cheers,
Martin

Re: JDBC 9.3 released

From
Dave Cramer
Date:
Hi Martin,

Yes, I was aware of that, to be honest I hadn't figured out how to put them in. Ideally I'd like to automate this process.
In the future I am going to annotate the git logs with #change,#add,#bug or some such thing so I can grep them out.
Any ideas are welcom