Buffers and query's

From
"Cris"
Date:
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Hi<br />I want do
somethingthat can seem a little bit strange: I'm doing a project and I don't want that the executing plan was known by
thesistem.<br />I've got many different query's and some of them are nearly similar. I have to know how many time it
takesto postgresql to do my project.<br /><br />I've been looking for something similar to: <font

Re: Buffers and query's

From
"Cristina Surroca"
Date:
Hi another time,

I think the thing could be reset shared buffers, but I don't know how to do it.

yours

Cris..
----- Original Message -----
From: Cris
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 10:31 PM
Subject: [JDBC] Buffers and query's

Hi
I want do something that can seem a little bit strange: I'm doing a project and I don't want that the executing plan was known by the sistem.
I've got many different query's and some of them are nearly similar. I have to know how many time it takes to postgresql to do my project.

I've been looking for something similar to: alter system flush shared_pool, used in Oracle system, but i haven't found nothing.

Does anybody have any idea to do this?

yours

Cris..

Re: Buffers and query's

From
Barry Lind
Date:
Cris,

If I understand you correctly, I don't think you need to do anything.
The postgres jdbc driver doesn't cause any query plans to be cached.  So
there is nothing to flush (unless you are using server side prepared
statements by calling PGStatement.setUserServerPrepare()).

thanks,
--Barry