JDBC commit to 7.1.2

Date:
This timezone fix was applied to jdbc2 in 7.1.2 by Thomas.  Do you want
this in jdbc1 also?  I am not recommending it, just asking to make sure
it wasn't overlooked.

revision 1.22.2.1
date: 2001/05/22 14:46:46;  author: thomas;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -4
Patch from Barry Lind to correctly decode time zones in timestamp results.
 Without patch, the time zone field is ignored and the returned time is
 not correct.
 Already applied to the development tree...

Re: JDBC commit to 7.1.2

From
Barry Lind
Date:
The jdbc1 code does not have the problem that this patch corrects.  So
no it does not need to be and should not be applied to the jdbc1 area.

I also noticed that that the original patch which was for the
jdbc2/ResultSet.java file was also applied to the jdbc1/ResultSet.java
file on the main trunk of the CVS.  This will not work and that patch
needs to be removed from jdbc1/ResultSet.java. (The variable the patch
uses doesn't exist in the jdbc1 code thus the current jdbc1 code will
not compile).

The jdbc1 and jdbc2 sets of files are sufficiently different that
patches for one should not be applied to the other.

thanks,
--Barry

Date:
> The jdbc1 code does not have the problem that this patch corrects.  So
> no it does not need to be and should not be applied to the jdbc1 area.
>
> I also noticed that that the original patch which was for the
> jdbc2/ResultSet.java file was also applied to the jdbc1/ResultSet.java
> file on the main trunk of the CVS.  This will not work and that patch
> needs to be removed from jdbc1/ResultSet.java. (The variable the patch
> uses doesn't exist in the jdbc1 code thus the current jdbc1 code will
> not compile).
>
> The jdbc1 and jdbc2 sets of files are sufficiently different that
> patches for one should not be applied to the other.

Got it.  Backed out of jdbc1 in current.

Re: [HACKERS] Re: JDBC commit to 7.1.2

Date:
FYI, the reason I personally didn't want to apply this to 7.1.2 is
because we already added two new bugs in 7.1.1, and I didn't want to be
the one to add another.  Add that to the natural problems I have with
JDBC, and I ran.  :-)

> The jdbc1 code does not have the problem that this patch corrects.  So
> no it does not need to be and should not be applied to the jdbc1 area.
>
> I also noticed that that the original patch which was for the
> jdbc2/ResultSet.java file was also applied to the jdbc1/ResultSet.java
> file on the main trunk of the CVS.  This will not work and that patch
> needs to be removed from jdbc1/ResultSet.java. (The variable the patch
> uses doesn't exist in the jdbc1 code thus the current jdbc1 code will
> not compile).
>
> The jdbc1 and jdbc2 sets of files are sufficiently different that
> patches for one should not be applied to the other.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry
>
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > This timezone fix was applied to jdbc2 in 7.1.2 by Thomas.  Do you want
> > this in jdbc1 also?  I am not recommending it, just asking to make sure
> > it wasn't overlooked.

> > revision 1.22.2.1
> > date: 2001/05/22 14:46:46;  author: thomas;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -4
> > Patch from Barry Lind to correctly decode time zones in timestamp results.
> >  Without patch, the time zone field is ignored and the returned time is
> >  not correct.
> >  Already applied to the development tree...

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Re: JDBC commit to 7.1.2

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> FYI, the reason I personally didn't want to apply this to 7.1.2 is
> because we already added two new bugs in 7.1.1, and I didn't want to be
> the one to add another.  Add that to the natural problems I have with
> JDBC, and I ran.  :-)

Understandable. You shouldn't *have* to take responsibility for every
patch coming in, so feel free to leave some things for others. And if
there is a problem with this one, I'll understand if you need to yell at
me a little ;)

As a (sort of) aside, by forcing me to inspect the code we have
uncovered a problem with atypical time zones which we would not
otherwise have noticed, at least until someone in Newfoundland or India
stumbled on it. No patch yet, but at least we know it is there...

                     - Thomas