HEADSUP: gitmaster.postgresql.org - upgrade NOW

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Hi all!

Per discussion in the afternoon break at  FOSDEM/PGDay 2016 Developer
Meeting we are going to upgrade gemulon.postgresql.org aka "gitmaster"
today (the upgrade was originally scheduled end of last year but due to
release and other constraints was never executed).
The upgrade is going to start in a few minutes - will send a notice
after it is done.

Stefan

Re: HEADSUP: gitmaster.postgresql.org - upgrade NOW

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
On 01/28/2016 04:00 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Per discussion in the afternoon break at  FOSDEM/PGDay 2016 Developer
> Meeting we are going to upgrade gemulon.postgresql.org aka "gitmaster"
> today (the upgrade was originally scheduled end of last year but due to
> release and other constraints was never executed).
> The upgrade is going to start in a few minutes - will send a notice
> after it is done.

upgrade completed - everything should be up&running again!

Stefan

Re: HEADSUP: gitmaster.postgresql.org - upgrade NOW

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> On 01/28/2016 04:00 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Per discussion in the afternoon break at  FOSDEM/PGDay 2016 Developer
>> Meeting we are going to upgrade gemulon.postgresql.org aka "gitmaster"
>> today (the upgrade was originally scheduled end of last year but due to
>> release and other constraints was never executed).
>> The upgrade is going to start in a few minutes - will send a notice
>> after it is done.
>
> upgrade completed - everything should be up&running again!

That was quick!

Stefan, let me just mention how much I appreciate the work you and the
entire infrastructure team do to keep our project running.  I am less
aware of what all that work is than some people, I know, but I know
that it really makes a difference and certainly I think about how nice
it is to be able to push a commit and know that somebody else has
taken responsibility for making sure it has someplace to which to get
pushed.

So again: thanks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On 01/28/2016 05:24 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>> On 01/28/2016 04:00 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>>> Per discussion in the afternoon break at  FOSDEM/PGDay 2016 Developer
>>> Meeting we are going to upgrade gemulon.postgresql.org aka "gitmaster"
>>> today (the upgrade was originally scheduled end of last year but due to
>>> release and other constraints was never executed).
>>> The upgrade is going to start in a few minutes - will send a notice
>>> after it is done.
>>
>> upgrade completed - everything should be up&running again!
>
> That was quick!

if my math is correct that was the 49th machine (with some more to come)
upgraded from wheezy to jessie - I think we have some routine now :)

> Stefan, let me just mention how much I appreciate the work you and the
> entire infrastructure team do to keep our project running.  I am less
> aware of what all that work is than some people, I know, but I know
> that it really makes a difference and certainly I think about how nice
> it is to be able to push a commit and know that somebody else has
> taken responsibility for making sure it has someplace to which to get
> pushed.
>
> So again: thanks.

on behalf of the entire team - thanks for the appreciation, we are doing
our best not get noticed (because in that case something would be
broken) :)

Stefan