Re: HEADSUP: gitmaster.postgresql.org - upgrade NOW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: HEADSUP: gitmaster.postgresql.org - upgrade NOW
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/28/2016 05:24 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>> On 01/28/2016 04:00 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>>> Per discussion in the afternoon break at  FOSDEM/PGDay 2016 Developer
>>> Meeting we are going to upgrade gemulon.postgresql.org aka "gitmaster"
>>> today (the upgrade was originally scheduled end of last year but due to
>>> release and other constraints was never executed).
>>> The upgrade is going to start in a few minutes - will send a notice
>>> after it is done.
>>
>> upgrade completed - everything should be up&running again!
>
> That was quick!

if my math is correct that was the 49th machine (with some more to come)
upgraded from wheezy to jessie - I think we have some routine now :)

> Stefan, let me just mention how much I appreciate the work you and the
> entire infrastructure team do to keep our project running.  I am less
> aware of what all that work is than some people, I know, but I know
> that it really makes a difference and certainly I think about how nice
> it is to be able to push a commit and know that somebody else has
> taken responsibility for making sure it has someplace to which to get
> pushed.
>
> So again: thanks.

on behalf of the entire team - thanks for the appreciation, we are doing
our best not get noticed (because in that case something would be
broken) :)

Stefan