Personal note: changing employers

Date:
As of the end of this month, I will be departing Salesforce.com and
joining Crunchy Data Solutions (http://crunchydatasolutions.com),
whom you might recognize as being already the employers of Stephen
Frost, Joe Conway, and Greg Smith, as well as a few other folk who
hang out on pghackers.

While I enjoyed working at Salesforce, it was sucking an awfully large
percentage of my time away from the PG community.  With this change,
I expect to return to spending more-or-less full time on community work.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Personal note: changing employers

From
Thom Brown
Date:
On 28 October 2015 at 22:14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> As of the end of this month, I will be departing Salesforce.com and
> joining Crunchy Data Solutions (http://crunchydatasolutions.com),
> whom you might recognize as being already the employers of Stephen
> Frost, Joe Conway, and Greg Smith, as well as a few other folk who
> hang out on pghackers.
>
> While I enjoyed working at Salesforce, it was sucking an awfully large
> percentage of my time away from the PG community.  With this change,
> I expect to return to spending more-or-less full time on community work.

Sounds like you'll be in good company, and us community folk will
benefit more from your *mad skills*.

So,... congrats?

Thom

Re: Personal note: changing employers

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
On 10/28/15 5:14 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> As of the end of this month, I will be departing Salesforce.com and
> joining Crunchy Data Solutions (http://crunchydatasolutions.com),
> whom you might recognize as being already the employers of Stephen
> Frost, Joe Conway, and Greg Smith, as well as a few other folk who
> hang out on pghackers.
>
> While I enjoyed working at Salesforce, it was sucking an awfully large
> percentage of my time away from the PG community.  With this change,
> I expect to return to spending more-or-less full time on community work.

So I guess this means that the Fedora-wearing Elephant that ended up on
a Cloud[1] is suddenly turning into a Hippo. :P

[1]
https://secure2.sfdcstatic.com/common/assets/images/home/sfdc-home-footer-logo.png

Re: Personal note: changing employers

Date:
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> On 10/28/15 5:14 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> As of the end of this month, I will be departing Salesforce.com and
>> joining Crunchy Data Solutions (http://crunchydatasolutions.com),

> So I guess this means that the Fedora-wearing Elephant that ended up on
> a Cloud[1] is suddenly turning into a Hippo. :P

Yeah ... I'm not sure how we got from Proboscidae all the way over to
Theria, but whatever.  At least it's still under Mammalia.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Personal note: changing employers

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 06:14:27PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> As of the end of this month, I will be departing Salesforce.com and
> joining Crunchy Data Solutions (http://crunchydatasolutions.com),
> whom you might recognize as being already the employers of Stephen
> Frost, Joe Conway, and Greg Smith, as well as a few other folk who
> hang out on pghackers.
>
> While I enjoyed working at Salesforce, it was sucking an awfully large
> percentage of my time away from the PG community.  With this change,
> I expect to return to spending more-or-less full time on community work.

It's great that you're doing what you want to do.  I take it that
Crunchy's model involves more FOSS and less special sauce...

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: Personal note: changing employers

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
As of the end of this month, I will be departing Salesforce.com and
joining Crunchy Data Solutions (http://crunchydatasolutions.com),
whom you might recognize as being already the employers of Stephen
Frost, Joe Conway, and Greg Smith, as well as a few other folk who
hang out on pghackers.

Well done and good luck.

While I enjoyed working at Salesforce, it was sucking an awfully large
percentage of my time away from the PG community.  With this change,
I expect to return to spending more-or-less full time on community work.

Excellent news. Glad to have you back; we all missed you.

Re: Personal note: changing employers

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
David,

* David Fetter (david@fetter.org) wrote:
> It's great that you're doing what you want to do.  I take it that
> Crunchy's model involves more FOSS and less special sauce...

The short answer is yes, Crunchy is committed to FOSS.

Further discussion isn't really appropriate for this list, but feel
free to ping me off-list if you'd like to chat about it.

Thanks!

Stephen