Adding commit details to SGML release notes

Date:
On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 07:00:45PM +0000, Andres Freund wrote:
> Improve 9.5 release notes.
>
> 1) Add sgml comments referencing commits. This is useful to search for
>    missing items etc.
>
>    The comments containing the commit notes are an excerpt from:
>    git log --date=short \
>        --pretty='format:%cd [%h] %<(8,trunc)%cN: %<(48,trunc)%s%n%n%w(,4,4)%b%n' \
>        $(git merge-base origin/master upstream/REL9_4_STABLE)..origin/master

To simplify the creation of the release note with the commit tag as an
SGML comment, I think src/tools/git_changelog should be modified to
output this string.  The format "trunc" feature was added in git 1.8.3.
Is that old enough for everyone?

I am not going to need this until the 9.6 release notes.  Should I add
it or someone else?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: Adding commit details to SGML release notes

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> To simplify the creation of the release note with the commit tag as an
> SGML comment, I think src/tools/git_changelog should be modified to
> output this string.  The format "trunc" feature was added in git 1.8.3.
> Is that old enough for everyone?

Hmm, that's pretty new actually,

commit edca4152560522a431a51fc0a06147fc680b5b18