Re: Adding commit details to SGML release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Adding commit details to SGML release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 12:23:30AM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2015-08-28 17:49:35 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > If we _don't_ do that, how do you easily get those lines into the
> > release notes?  I can't imagine how hard it was for Andres to add that
> > text to the 9.5 release notes:
>
> Formatting the log wasn't the hard part, that was finding out which item
> in the release notes corresponds to which commits. Sometimes that's not
> that easy to see. For the formatting I had an emacs macro.

Right, the formatting is easy with any good editor, but having the text
there as you are writing the release notes is a huge time-saver, and if
we want that text, it should be present in the git_changelog output when
creating those release notes.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +