Moving on to close the current CF 2015-02

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
Hi all,

Visibly there is no commit fest manager this time (was I?), and people
may think that I still am the CFM for 2015-02, continuously after
2014-12 and that I am severely slacking on my duties. Honestly I
thought that I was not and that it was clear enoug... Still, biting
the bullet to make things move on, should I launch a VACUUM FULL on
the current entries of the CF to brush up things that could get in
9.5? The "current" CF officially finished two weeks ago.

Michael

Re: Moving on to close the current CF 2015-02

Date:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:22:11AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Visibly there is no commit fest manager this time (was I?), and people
> may think that I still am the CFM for 2015-02, continuously after
> 2014-12 and that I am severely slacking on my duties. Honestly I
> thought that I was not and that it was clear enoug... Still, biting
> the bullet to make things move on, should I launch a VACUUM FULL on
> the current entries of the CF to brush up things that could get in
> 9.5? The "current" CF officially finished two weeks ago.

Usually the last commitfest is double the typical length.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Date:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:22:11AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Visibly there is no commit fest manager this time (was I?), and people
>> may think that I still am the CFM for 2015-02, continuously after
>> 2014-12 and that I am severely slacking on my duties. Honestly I
>> thought that I was not and that it was clear enoug... Still, biting
>> the bullet to make things move on, should I launch a VACUUM FULL on
>> the current entries of the CF to brush up things that could get in
>> 9.5? The "current" CF officially finished two weeks ago.
>
> Usually the last commitfest is double the typical length.

Oh, OK. So this lets 3 weeks...
--
Michael

Re: Moving on to close the current CF 2015-02

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:22:11AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Visibly there is no commit fest manager this time (was I?), and people
>>> may think that I still am the CFM for 2015-02, continuously after
>>> 2014-12 and that I am severely slacking on my duties. Honestly I
>>> thought that I was not and that it was clear enoug... Still, biting
>>> the bullet to make things move on, should I launch a VACUUM FULL on
>>> the current entries of the CF to brush up things that could get in
>>> 9.5? The "current" CF officially finished two weeks ago.
>>
>> Usually the last commitfest is double the typical length.
>
> Oh, OK. So this lets 3 weeks...

Three weeks later, here we are. There are still 31 patches in "Need
Review" state, 16 in "Waiting on Author" state and 9 marked as "Ready
for committer".

To committers, here are the patches that seem on top of the list:
- Do not vacuum pgbench tables if they do not exist when pgbench -f given
- Abbreviated key support for Datum sorts
- transforms
- Join pushdown support for foreign tables
- REINDEX xxx VERBOSE
- regrole and regnamespace
- pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces (Extend base backup to
include symlink file used to restore symlinks)
- catalog view to pg_hba.conf file

Here are two patches that did not attract much attention and I think
could be dropped right away (got involved in them so that's perhaps
easier to say):
- GIN fillfactor
- Turn recovery.conf parameters into GUCs

I would recommend as well the authors with patches in state "Waiting
on author" to update their patch as well accordingly to what their
state is.

@Magnus: having the possibility to mark a patch as "returned with
feedback" without bumping it to the next CF automatically would be
cool to being moving on.

Date:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> @Magnus: having the possibility to mark a patch as "returned with
> feedback" without bumping it to the next CF automatically would be
> cool to being moving on.
Meh. "cool to have to help moving on".
--
Michael

Re: Moving on to close the current CF 2015-02

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> @Magnus: having the possibility to mark a patch as "returned with
> feedback" without bumping it to the next CF automatically would be
> cool to being moving on.
Meh. "cool to have to help moving on".

Yeah, it's at the top of my list of priorities once I get some time to spend on community stuff. Hopefully I can get around to it next week. There is a small chance I can do it before then, but it is indeed small...

--

Re: Moving on to close the current CF 2015-02

From
Simon Riggs
Date: