Re: Buildfarm not happy with test module move

From
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> All of the MSVC critters are failing at "make check".

Yeah, I noticed that, thanks.  As far as I can see the only way to fix
it is to install dummy_seclabel to run the core seclabel test.  That
doesn't seem smart; I think it'd be better to remove that part of the
core seclabel test, and move the rest of the test to a new test in the
dummy_seclabel module.

> (BTW, why has the commit message not come through on pgsql-committers?)

That was my fault -- the alvh.no-ip.org domain was deleted, and the
email system in postgresql.org rejected the commit message because the
sender was not in a deliverable domain.  I noticed within a few hours,
but the damage was already done.

--
Álvaro Herrera                                http://www.twitter.com/alvherre

Re: Buildfarm not happy with test module move

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> All of the MSVC critters are failing at "make check".

> Yeah, I noticed that, thanks.  As far as I can see the only way to fix
> it is to install dummy_seclabel to run the core seclabel test.  That
> doesn't seem smart; I think it'd be better to remove that part of the
> core seclabel test, and move the rest of the test to a new test in the
> dummy_seclabel module.

Sounds good to me.  The other parts of the core tests that depend on
contrib modules aren't exactly good models to follow.

> That was my fault -- the alvh.no-ip.org domain was deleted, and the
> email system in postgresql.org rejected the commit message because the
> sender was not in a deliverable domain.  I noticed within a few hours,
> but the damage was already done.

I guess I'm confused about which is your preferred email address?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Buildfarm not happy with test module move

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> That was my fault -- the alvh.no-ip.org domain was deleted, and the
>> email system in postgresql.org rejected the commit message because the
>> sender was not in a deliverable domain.  I noticed within a few hours,
>> but the damage was already done.
>
> I guess I'm confused about which is your preferred email address?

Yeah. I was assuming the alvh.no-ip.org was going to come back, as
that's what you're still subcribed to critical mailinglists with :) Do
you need that one changed?

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> >> That was my fault -- the alvh.no-ip.org domain was deleted, and the
> >> email system in postgresql.org rejected the commit message because the
> >> sender was not in a deliverable domain.  I noticed within a few hours,
> >> but the damage was already done.
> >
> > I guess I'm confused about which is your preferred email address?
>
> Yeah. I was assuming the alvh.no-ip.org was going to come back, as
> that's what you're still subcribed to critical mailinglists with :) Do
> you need that one changed?

My preferred email address continues to be alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org.  It
was deleted by mistake, it wasn't intended.  (If you must know, it's a
new idiotic "feature" by no-ip.com, coupled by my server machine at home
dying because of a "stuck" SSD, which I thought was non-critical so
didn't replace in over half a year, coupled with a change in laptop;
goes to show that the non-critical machine wasn't really non-critical
after all, and that I'm juggling with way too many things.)

Date:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> >
>> > I guess I'm confused about which is your preferred email address?
>>
>> Yeah. I was assuming the alvh.no-ip.org was going to come back, as
>> that's what you're still subcribed to critical mailinglists with :) Do
>> you need that one changed?
>
> My preferred email address continues to be alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org.  It
> was deleted by mistake, it wasn't intended.  (If you must know, it's a
> new idiotic "feature" by no-ip.com, coupled by my server machine at home
> dying because of a "stuck" SSD, which I thought was non-critical so
> didn't replace in over half a year, coupled with a change in laptop;
> goes to show that the non-critical machine wasn't really non-critical
> after all, and that I'm juggling with way too many things.)

Ok, good! Will add you back to the list you were dropped from - but
you'll want to doublecheck all other lists as well :)

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> All of the MSVC critters are failing at "make check".
>
> > Yeah, I noticed that, thanks.  As far as I can see the only way to fix
> > it is to install dummy_seclabel to run the core seclabel test.  That
> > doesn't seem smart; I think it'd be better to remove that part of the
> > core seclabel test, and move the rest of the test to a new test in the
> > dummy_seclabel module.
>
> Sounds good to me.  The other parts of the core tests that depend on
> contrib modules aren't exactly good models to follow.

Pushed; tests pass for me, let's see what buildfarm says.

I think the input/ and output/ stuff is rather annoying.  I tried to
make dummy_seclabel an extension instead of a bare library, so that
CREATE EXTENSION inside the .sql loads it easily.  The problem there is
that dummy_seclabel doesn't have any sql-callable function, so the
module doesn't ever load.  I guess we could create a dummy function
which is there only to cause the module to get loaded ...

I am in touch with Andrew about adding a new stage to buildfarm client
so that animals will build src/test/modules by default.  It should work
fine everywhere except MSVC, I think.  The issue with MSVC continues to
be that Install.pm and Mkvcbuild.pm need to be in sync regarding what to
build and what to install.  I could use help from some MSVC-enabled
developer there ...

In the meantime, I'm going to rebase commit_ts to src/test/modules and
get one bug I found there fixed, and will push that shortly too.

Re: Buildfarm not happy with test module move

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Sounds good to me.  The other parts of the core tests that depend on
>> contrib modules aren't exactly good models to follow.

> Pushed; tests pass for me, let's see what buildfarm says.

Pushed?  Don't see it ...
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Sounds good to me.  The other parts of the core tests that depend on
> >> contrib modules aren't exactly good models to follow.
>
> > Pushed; tests pass for me, let's see what buildfarm says.
>
> Pushed?  Don't see it ...

Meh.  Done for real this time.