Re: Buildfarm not happy with test module move - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Buildfarm not happy with test module move
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> All of the MSVC critters are failing at "make check".
>
> > Yeah, I noticed that, thanks.  As far as I can see the only way to fix
> > it is to install dummy_seclabel to run the core seclabel test.  That
> > doesn't seem smart; I think it'd be better to remove that part of the
> > core seclabel test, and move the rest of the test to a new test in the
> > dummy_seclabel module.
>
> Sounds good to me.  The other parts of the core tests that depend on
> contrib modules aren't exactly good models to follow.

Pushed; tests pass for me, let's see what buildfarm says.

I think the input/ and output/ stuff is rather annoying.  I tried to
make dummy_seclabel an extension instead of a bare library, so that
CREATE EXTENSION inside the .sql loads it easily.  The problem there is
that dummy_seclabel doesn't have any sql-callable function, so the
module doesn't ever load.  I guess we could create a dummy function
which is there only to cause the module to get loaded ...

I am in touch with Andrew about adding a new stage to buildfarm client
so that animals will build src/test/modules by default.  It should work
fine everywhere except MSVC, I think.  The issue with MSVC continues to
be that Install.pm and Mkvcbuild.pm need to be in sync regarding what to
build and what to install.  I could use help from some MSVC-enabled
developer there ...

In the meantime, I'm going to rebase commit_ts to src/test/modules and
get one bug I found there fixed, and will push that shortly too.