Error building the EnterpriseDB mysql_fdw on OSX

From
Kirk Roybal

I'm running 10.9.5 of OSX.

I got the MySQL and PostgreSQL dependencies installed (I think).

Checked out the git repo for mysql_fdw from git://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw

USE_PGXS=1 make

and got the error:

 mysql_fdw.c
mysql_fdw.c:153:56: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RTLD_DEEPBIND'
        mysql_dll_handle = dlopen(_MYSQL_LIBNAME, RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_DEEPBIND);

Is RTLD_DEEPBIND supported on OSX?

Did I do something wrong getting the dependencies together?

/Kirk

--
-- The best virus protection for Windows is fdisk, format, insert linux disk.

Re: Error building the EnterpriseDB mysql_fdw on OSX

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Kirk Roybal <kirk@webfinish.com> wrote:
> I'm running 10.9.5 of OSX.
>
> I got the MySQL and PostgreSQL dependencies installed (I think).
>
> Checked out the git repo for mysql_fdw from
> git://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw
>
> USE_PGXS=1 make
>
> and got the error:
>
>  mysql_fdw.c
> mysql_fdw.c:153:56: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RTLD_DEEPBIND'
>         mysql_dll_handle = dlopen(_MYSQL_LIBNAME, RTLD_LAZY |
> RTLD_DEEPBIND);
>

> Is RTLD_DEEPBIND supported on OSX?
>
> Did I do something wrong getting the dependencies together?

I don't know whether the folks who work on that FDW read this list
regularly, but they do keep an eye on issues opened in GitHub.  So you
might want to open one there.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company