bgwriter reference to HOT standby

From
Jeff Janes
Date:
The docs on bgworker twice refer to "HOT standby".  I don't think that in either case, the "hot" needs emphasis, and if it does making it look like an acronym (one already used for something else) is probably not the way to do it.

Patch to HEAD attached.

Cheers,

Jeff
Attachment

Re: bgwriter reference to HOT standby

From
Pavan Deolasee
Date:
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> The docs on bgworker twice refer to "HOT standby".  I don't think that in
> either case, the "hot" needs emphasis, and if it does making it look like an
> acronym (one already used for something else) is probably not the way to do
> it.

I think it should it be "Hot Standby" for consistency. +1 for changing
it from HOT to hot/Hot anyway

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee

Re: bgwriter reference to HOT standby

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On 24 January 2013 07:25, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The docs on bgworker twice refer to "HOT standby".  I don't think that in
>> either case, the "hot" needs emphasis, and if it does making it look like an
>> acronym (one already used for something else) is probably not the way to do
>> it.
>
> I think it should it be "Hot Standby" for consistency. +1 for changing
> it from HOT to hot/Hot anyway

Patch applied. Thanks